PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
NHL 06 - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 19-09-2005
weeman

Default NHL 06

hey, i dunno if it's just me, but whenever i go tp play NHL 06, the game wont enter full screen, the game it's self does, but then it stays on a pic of lecavailer if thats how u spell it and keeps playng music, i can't select anything like play now. have a dynasty or anything. anyone else having the same problem? or does anyone know how to fix this? plz help
Old 20-09-2005
Crypton

What resolution are you running, and do you have any idea what monitor refresh rate the game is trying to use?

Normally games by default will try to run a low refresh rate such as 60 (which is also the default setting for XP)

Sometimes you may get a game that try to "auto" detect optmal settings and will also try to use the highest refresh rate your monitor can handle. In some cases it may detect something like 100Hz when really it should be only trying to use 85Hz.

If you can find where the settings are stored for the game, you can try removing them and seeing if it will set back to default or try to reconfig again.

If the above is not the problem, it could be an issue with intro videos or any other video that may be trying to play. If you have any codecs on your PC such as DivX, you may want to remove them and then try to load the game (after a reboot of course) to see if it helps at all. If not, I would look for the folder containing any movies/videos and see if any are named to easily note which ones are played on startup of the game, you can then use a blank avi (1 frame avi) to insert in place of the old intro videos, making sure to name them the same as the old file so the game loads a blank and will not play any video which skips it right to the game menu.

If you need a blank avi, you can use the one I have created and attached tho this thread. But please note that neither of the suggestions above may even be the problem, but it is a place to start looking and hopefully could be a possibility..
Attached Files
File Type: rar blank.rar (895 Bytes, 1141 views)
Old 20-09-2005

Talking HELP!

Im having the exact same problem. The game loads then it just freezes right were it starts to play the music, it doesn't show the option screen or anything. It plays the music and thats it. LOL

Hey weeman did you find out the problem?

Please help if you know how to fix this.
Old 21-09-2005
Administrator

SiL3n2 refer to Crypton's post above.
Old 21-09-2005
weeman

Hey ya i dont understand whats wrong with it, crypton all ur ideas were good but none of them helped, im not sure why it's doing it, Duffman do u have a back up of the game? or did u downlaod it, i downloaded mine and this might be why it's doing it, im going to guy by one thsi weekend, and its it;s still nto wlrking i might wipe my comp, might need one anyway, if anyone knows any other way to fix this plz let me know
Old 21-09-2005
weeman

sorry i emant silener in that last reply
Old 21-09-2005
Crypton

Thread reopened, he is using a retail copy and was miscommunication error.

// Cheers,
Crypton
Old 24-09-2005

Hey, theres a simple fix. Go to your videocard settings, and make sure the V-Sync (Vertical Sync) is on for your OpenGL settings. I was confused about that at first too, but theres some other games out there that you have to do the same thing with. Hope that helps.

Last edited by Ldiabloap; 24-09-2005 at 04:16 PM.
Old 24-09-2005
weeman

thank you!!! lol like i love you i wanted to play this for sooo long, i went out today and bought another copy thinking tgat was the reason ahah, so i'll try to return one of them, thank you very much, i over clock my video card and when i do the v sync gets shut off, so thank you.

talk to ya'll later god bless you young man