PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Need for Speed Underground install problem... - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-01-2006

Default Need for Speed Underground install problem...

I've got a new problem and I just can't make sense of it. This past holiday, I copied NFS Underground and played the game at my friends place on his pc. without any problems. Now I'm back home and just bought myself a new pc. P4 3.2Ghz, 256 RAM, 80GB HDD, 256MB GeForce, 17inch Screen, surround sound and Samsung Blindwrite DVD-RW.

Now for my problem: I can't install NFSU1, I install disc 1 with no troubles, but when I get to disc 2, it only goes to 55% and then nothing happens further on. I tried making an image of disc 2 with Alcohol120%, but it only goes till 29% and then starts giving Read disc error on ....... all the time, I can't make sense of it, what's wrong?
It worked at my friends place, but it doesn't work with me, I'm guessing it's something about the Samsung Blindwrite DVD-RW blocking the game, something like a blacklist from NFSU.
What's wrong, what should I do???

Is it something to do with SafeDisc 2.90.040 whitch is on NFSU, but then it shouldn't have worked on my friends pc. Any ideas would be appreciated, I've got no idea and it's totally pissing me off that I just can't figure it out...
Old 06-01-2006
Administrator

Try installing the game from a CD reader, not any writer.
Old 09-09-2006

Try copying the files to your computer and then mount using Alcohol 120.