PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Maxi - Mini Image - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game File Request/Locator
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 22-01-2006

Default Maxi - Mini Image

hi, how i can create a maxi-mini image? i have a MDF, Mds files and what's next? how i can to create to that small Size ? I know ... i need to delete something in TOC or change something to 0's , But How? pls tell me

Old 22-01-2006

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

How A Mini-Image Works

Ok, basically SafeDisc checks the start of a disc for "bad sectors". If they are there then the game is thought to be authentic and the game will start. When you read a full image you are reading the "bad sectors" at the start as well as all the other data. The problem is that all the install data etc that takes up over 99% of the space, this data is not needed to start the game, only to install it. It isn’t convenient for most people to have loads of 700mb images on there hard drive just so they can play a game without the disc in the drive.

What a mini-image does is keep only the data at the start that is used too authenticate the original disc. This is made up of the "bad sectors and the "table or contents", the "table of contents" is just a list of all the files on the disc and how big they are, (this is why they still show up as the correct size
on a mini-image even when they are empty) The mini image discards all the other data as shown in the diagram below:

A mini-image is normally 1-5mb, which is a much more practical size.

How To Make A Mini-Image

1. Launch Alcohol 120% 1.9.2.1705 <http://www.alcohol-soft.com/> (or higher version) with the original SafeDisc game's play disc in the drive you want to read from.

2. Start the "Image Making Wizard".

3. Select the drive that the disc is in from the "CD/DVD Device:" option. Then set the read speed to "1x (150KB/Sec)". Then make sure all the other options are UNchecked, except for "Skip reading errors", this should be checked. Then click "Next".

4. You can then select the location that the mini-image will be created, I have selected the desktop, and have left the mini-image the same name as the volume label, but with "Mini_Image" on the end. Then click "Next".

5. It will start reading wait a few seconds.

6. After a few read errors have come up (2 or 3 is ideal) have come up click "Cancel". It will then ask if you are sure, click "Yes".

7. It will then ask you if you want to delete the uncompleted image files, click "No"

8. Then click "Finish"

9. You will now be back on the Alcohol 120 main window, close down Alcohol.

10. Now check the image file is there where you set it to be saved.
Old 23-01-2006
Crypton

that is for older protection versions NITROUS SYSTEM

The newer ones have the protection spanned across the entire CD/DVD which makes it impossible to make a minidisc in that fashion.

Hint, X3 is like that which is why there is not a true minidisc for it, only the mds I had gave you to use with your full image.

In order to make a image and be able to crunch it down to size, requires making a full working image then hex editing out the data sections.