PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
create a game from a xxx.ISO file - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 27-09-2005

Default create a game from a xxx.ISO file

is there a way to create a DVD from a xxx.ISO file, on drive C: or Dr E:,
not usung ISOBuster?
maybe ALCOHOL 120% or BLINDWRITE?
I cant find the way!!
Please answer with details!!!
Thanks
Old 27-09-2005
Crypton

Atm, no, Creating a DVD Image using Alcohol 120% makes .mdf/.mds files. And Blindwrite will make a .bwi/.bwt and/or .bw5 files.

You can use ISOBuster or UltraISO to make .iso format, but if you are wanting to copy the "protection" that is also on the CD in order to emulate it, then .iso format will not work as it does not contain the sub channel data needed to store the protection.

I would recommend just sticking with Alcohol 120%'s .md(x) files or Blindwrites .bw(x) files. .ISO is just the "Standard" in image formats and contains nothing fancy, unless the game your making an image from contains only simple CD checks, ect.. then it is useless for emulating advanced protections such as SF3 for example.

Please let me know if I misunderstood what your asking.. If you are meaning, can you burn a .ISO DVD image file to CD to make an actual DVD Copy on DVD Disc, then yes, Alcohol 120% can burn 'almost' every image format around, Including
.NRG (Nero)
.CCD/.IMG/.SUB (CloneCD)
.ISO (Standard-ISO-9660)
.CUE/.BIN (CDRWin)
.MDF/.MDS (Origionally FantomCD but now Alcohol 120%)

// Regards,
Crypton