PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Dark Motive fix doesnt work - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 15-04-2008

Default Dark Motive fix doesnt work

*FIXED*

I replaced the require file for the no cd, but it still says there is no cd in the tray. I click retry anyhow and the game seems to work then it locks up with a black screen with the version number at the bottom.

vista ultimate 64bit

Last edited by sup2069; 21-04-2008 at 03:50 AM.
Old 16-04-2008

There are alot of games and applications who are running poorly on the 64bits. I recommend installing XP Pro or a Ultimate Vista on 32bits. You can also make a dual OS, especially if you have two HDD and use Vista64 for applications you work with and XP Pro for games.
Me I recently bought a Ultimate Vista (X86), but I'm still on XP with SP2 for gaming purposes.
Old 17-04-2008

That sucks, i hate xp now. Simply love vista for its shortcuts and smoothness. Thanks for the help, but Ill never go back to XP pro.
Old 17-04-2008

Set the exe to XP compatibility mode, login as a administrator. Also make sure you have the latest Application Compatibility Toolkit(it can be downloaded on the Microsoft site, only if you registered your OS). Try updating the videocard drivers and the sound drivers. Make sure you have the latest DirectX 10 or 10.1(that if you have a videocard from the Nvidia Geforce9 series, otherwise you need the DirectX 10)
You were a bit rush to get on the Vista64. There are very few applications that actually use what it has to offer. And most game developpers are still not supporting the 64 OS (Vista or XP). See if you can make a downgrade on a Ultimate Vista 32, if you like it so much and if you use tour PC for gaming purposes only.
I've always waited for the first of SP before upgrading. For Vista, I will wait for the second. That goes also for hardware: if you rush to buy the newest product, you'll get something unstable, wait a few months and there will be a second revision which will make that product in a very good choice for you. Always pounder your needs before buying anything. Do you really need a Vista64, are you working with Autocad, 3D Max and programs that are heavily using your hardware? If not, the 32 it's fine.
If the 64 OS would have been a success, we would see all the Game Developpers making games for that. Instead they stick to XP SP2 and Vista32. No support for either XP64 or Vista64. I'd say that says a lot about the 64 operating systems. And Microsoft is fully aware that the market doesn't need yet Vista64 imposed. Hell, they've had trouble to impose the normal Vista, and still the Vista sales are not what Microsoft expected.
Old 21-04-2008

cant believe I overlooked the compatibility option. Got it working thanks
Old 21-04-2008

No problem, happens to the best of us!
Enjoy the game.