PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Burning the Sims 2 dvd edition - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 28-07-2005

Default Burning the Sims 2 dvd edition

Hey,
I was wondering if it was possible to burn the disk with a program that ignores the copywrite information. I have the program that I use to burn DVD's and I was wondering if it would be possilbe to make a copy just like I would with a movie.
Thanks
Old 30-07-2005
Crypton

Depends on the protection type and what program you are using. If you are using Adaptec Easy CD Creator or Nero Burning Rom then no, You will need something more powerful such as Alcohol 120% or Blindwrite. (gogle search them)

Sims 2 uses SafeDisc protection so it is possible to make a copy of. However, take into consideration your Burner will also make an impact on making a 1:1 copy. you will need a pretty decent burner to make a working copy of most any Protection Scheme. Movies are a bit different than the protections on games as Movies currently are a bit limited on how they can be protected and maintain compatibility with alot of DVD Players. (that will change in the future as usual once older DVD Players have been phased out)

Besides that Macrovision and other protections contained on movies are pretty easy to 'remove' Where as SafeDisc, SecuROM, StarForce ect.. are not so easy to remove or even copy from game cd's

Good place to start is the mentioned programs as well as do a search on Google for your drive type/model including the keywords such as "protection copy" "cd copy" "review" "sheep test" (I know sounds funny but trust me, there is a thing called a sheep test you can perform to see how good your burner really is) Hint for that, check CDFreaks webpage and search their forums for "Sheep Test"

hope that helps point you in the right directions and sorry for not including links, I gotta head to work in a min so no time, but if you still need help, please feel free to post back and I will try to point you directly to some useful info on the net when I am back (I know the length of my post can be deceiving, but I type over 270 words/min, looking up location links takes a bit longer than I have atm)