GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Gaming News > Read/Add Gaming News
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-04-2005
Administrator

Default Age of Empires 3 Thread, Game Info & Screens!

As most of you would know Age Of Empires 3 was announced a couple of months back, hype was built up with this game mainly due to Ensemble Studios posting "teasers" on thier website about the game. The game is apparently due for release this year some time in the Q3.

From the Ensemble Studios website:

"Dawn of a New Age: Age of Empires III Announced for 2005 Release

Microsoft Game Studios and Ensemble Studios are proud to announce the return of the king of real-time strategy games: Age of Empires III is scheduled to ship in the second half of 2005. This will be the latest landmark release in the award-winning franchise that has sold a staggering 16 million units worldwide.

Age of Empires III will offer gamers the next level of realism, with advanced battle physics and unparalleled visual detail. The new game picks up where Age of Empires II: Age of Kings left off, placing gamers in the position of a European power determined to explore, colonize and conquer the New World. This time period features stunning scenes, from towering European cathedrals to courageous tribes of Native Americans, and spectacular combat with Industrial Age units like rifled infantry, cavalry and tall ships bristling with cannons.

Age of Empires III will once again demonstrate Ensemble Studios' reputation for excellence and innovation in the real-time strategy (RTS) genre. The game will set a new standard for visual quality and amaze players with detail never before seen in an RTS. Age of Empires III will excite strategy gamers with new game-play elements, including the concept of a “Home City,“ new civilizations, units, technologies and an immersive new single-player campaign that will span three generations.|

Screenshots:

*These are actual in-game screenshots.

For The High-Res screenshots, please go to the Ensemble Studios website.
Old 22-07-2005

sick the game looks awsome
Old 23-07-2005

I can't wait for this to come out. I just got a new vc and I'm ready to play it.
Been wasting time on HF/BF2 right now.
Old 23-07-2005
Crypton

BF2 is sweet lol, I have been getting into Pariah lately though. Can't wait for AoE:3 however, not really an RTS type fan, but if it has good graphics, im there :P
Old 24-07-2005

Yeah I hear you. I am a fan of RTS games, but haven't played that many. I became a HUGE fan of AOE when the original came out, and couldn't put down AOE: AOK for which seemed an eternity.

Really looking forward to get it. Took me a while to find a server that didn't lag for BF2. Now I need to get a higher rank for new weapons.

what is Pariah? Going to look that up.
Old 24-07-2005
Administrator

The question is though, did you lads enjoy Age of Mythology, because for me, it was a step away from the traditional game-play style of the Age of Empires franchise, I think Age of Empires 3 looks more like it will have the same aspects of Age Of Mythology, which I didn't like, such as viewing, and scenic effects.

And can you imagine the PC specs for this game to run at a good frame rate!?
Old 24-07-2005
Crypton

Honestly, ive not really enjoyed any RTS. Well, for a few then I get bored with them very fast.

Don't know what it is, think the whole overview aspect of it "being not first person" is what gets me. I am more into games that have a First Person point of view. Love the Thief series of games, have them all. Metal Age was a great release. GTA3+ of course :P

Age of Empires II was ok, the only one I really got into was Empire Earth and the expansion pack. That was a great game. Not really played Empire Earth II yet, I have it but so busy with work lately I don't have time to do anything atm. Between coding in PHP, building a website or building a computer for someone I get less and less time to even check my email no less play a game :'( Then theres the wife and kid, and another kid on the way 0o

But I can imagine the system requirements if the game turns out to be that good looking ingame. 0o

*sigh* I miss playing IL-2 Sturmovik and Forgotten Battles Expansion, best Combat FS avail in my opinion
Old 25-07-2005
Administrator

Yeh FPS are great games too! Don't get me wrong, I love them, but with an RTS more time is spent on playing them.
Old 02-06-2006

Thumbs down Tiger Direct SUX!!!!!!

man...... they sent me AOE 3 in Italian & WONT SWOP IT FOR ENGLISH!!!
anyone here understand Italian? this game iz USELESS to me!!

DO NOT BUY GAMES FROM---> 'Tiger Direct' EVER!!!!

this is the LAST Time i'll buy ANY Softwear Online!!!

so far, i've only found 'German to English' fixes.

i wouldnt mind if it was the spanish they speak in Cali i can even understand that