Go Back   GameFileForums > Gaming News > Read/Add Gaming News
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 22-08-2006
Crypton

Default Assassins Creed - Ubisoft

http://assassinscreed.uk.ubi.com

Well, I have been sorta following this games progress and must say it definately is eye catching. I read reports that the game will be available on PS3, PC, and, XBox 360.

Looking forward to seeing this game, I doubt I will get to play it as of now, but look forward to seeing videos of it at least

Check out the Screens and Videos.

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5701064934

Known Facts:
- The main character's name is Altaïr, he uses a switchblade hidden in his hand.
Apparently this game follows his story as the most legendary assassin in 1191 AD, during the Third Crusade.

- This game is being developed by the same team that developed Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time.

- Although it's by the same team, it has nothing to do with Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time. It's a completely different game.

- This game has been in development since Prince of Persia: The Sands of Time was finished. Which means it's been in development for 3 years now.

- This game was previously known as 'Project Assassins'.

- Only a version for the PlayStation 3 has been shown at E3 - Other Next-Generation platforms (XBox 360/Nintendo Wii/PC/PlayStation Portable/Nintendo DS) have not been confirmed. At this stage, it doesn't look like current generation consoles will get their own version.
UPDATE: According to Wikipedia, Assassin's Creed was first shown as 'Project Assassins' on an XBox 360 console at the Microsoft X05 Trade Show. It was only later announced as a PlayStation 3 exclusive title at the 2006 E3 Trade Show.
However, the name 'Assassin's Creed' has appeared on the XBox 360 Release List at Retail Stores. This may mean that an XBox 360 version may come, but nothing has been confirmed officially yet.
Also, on the Wikipedia PlayStation 3 Page it says under the 'Games in Development' Section that this game being a PlayStation 3 Exclusive is 'Disputed'.
UPDATE: According to many online websites, the PC and XBox 360 versions of this games are in the making and have been (apparently) confirmed by Ubisoft.

- This is the first game in a franchise of similar games. So it's safe to say that if this game is successful, we can expect sequels.

- The official Release Date is unknown. According to 1up.com though, seems like it will be 01/01/07.

- The developers seem to be going for a 'real world feel', with movement being the main focus (in a crowded city, your character can run bumping into people, automatically pushing people out of the way, stumbling when someone pushes back.) according to the first impressions from the presentation at GDC.

- At this stage, the game uses five and the left control stick. The R trigger accelerates your movement, X is jump, Y is view mode, A is attack, and B is not known.

- Where the story is concerned, the game begins with the initiation. You're a novice. And as part of the initiation, your finger is cut off, to give you the switchblade.

- There is no online play. However, there is downloadable content.

- Not every mission ends in murder. You may be required to steal money and give it to the poor, the developers also wanted to go for a 'Robin Hood' feel to the game.

- You have to build a reputation with the crowd around you. Each person in the crowd that surrounds you has individual Artificial Intelligence, something not possible without the power of the PlayStation 3.

- Jumping is automatic. Real skill comes in manouvering Altair through streets and over rooftops without getting caught or knocked over.

- The Health System is realistic. There is no health bar. You can take more damage easier, so one fatal blow by the enemies sword is just that - fatal. Luckily, an intelligent blocking system helps you out here.

- Surprise! About 10% of the game WILL TAKE PLACE IN THE PRESENT DAY/FUTURE. This is according to the Independant PlayStation Magazine America. So definately not speculation, the future IS involved.

Last edited by Crypton; 22-08-2006 at 12:49 AM.
Old 22-08-2006

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

what is the kind of the game RPG or maybe Shooter?
Old 22-08-2006
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROUS SYSTEM
what is the kind of the game RPG or maybe Shooter?
Looks to be more or less a sorta RPG/Action, basically your living the life of an Assassin from that timeframe according to historical records.
Old 23-08-2006
Administrator

Looks pretty impressive :-)
Old 23-08-2006

from the video (trailer) i saw i must say it will just like prince of persia type game....Notice that this game is made by ubisoft so expect STARFORCE lol/...
Old 23-08-2006
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by NITROUS SYSTEM
from the video (trailer) i saw i must say it will just like prince of persia type game....Notice that this game is made by ubisoft so expect STARFORCE lol/...
Doubt it,

http://news.soft32.com/ubisoft-drops...orce_1228.html

http://www.ugo.com/channels/Games/ar...rticleID=18239

http://www.extremedrm.com/article/Ub.../175785_1.aspx
Old 23-08-2006

haha finally!!At last the ubisoft started to think about it's customers/..
Old 03-03-2008

Arrow Assassin's Creed (PC)

Guys I have a small problem.

I need to find where the save files are located to transfer them to another computer.

Please help ! ! ! Thnx
Old 23-01-2010

Send a message via ICQ to ixDyeAggBallerzXi
Default Assassins Creed Ubisoft

Assassins Creed 2?Anyone out there pick up Assassins Creed 2, Im flip flopping on it.

The reviews have all been awesome most coming to the consensus that its an improvement over the first one in just about every way and fixes almost all the problems the first one head.

Im in the camp where I loved Assassin Creed 1 in the beginning but quickly got bored of it after a a few hours with the rental. AC2, though from what Ive read seems to have addressed all the reasons that I found boring in the first one.

Looking for some none-shill opinions from anyone here that has is.
Old 25-01-2010
Administrator

Haven't had much time for games in recent times, but I heard its's a really classy game.