GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Gaming News > Read/Add Gaming News
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26-06-2007
Crypton

Default Daemon-Tools Pro Released

As I have been using Daemon-Tools Pro, I have been unable to "tell you" as per customer rules.

However, Daemon-Tools Pro Release is now officially public. Here are a couple pics:

Trial Version (Contains Adware) can be downloaded: http://www.disc-soft.com/freetrial/dtpro

Quote:
Originally Posted by http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/daemon-tools-pro-released-t17524.html
Dear Community,

today is historical day for us, we are proud to announce that DAEMON Tools Pro is now
out officially!!

Everyone who is interested in DT Pro can now purchase licenses from our publisher,
DISC-SOFT, http://www.disc-soft.com , who is responsible for all sales of DT Pro.
Just visit their website and create a new account via "Register"-link on main-page.
After this you can login to your account and make a payment via
"Make a Payment"-Option at the right sidebar, after your payment
arrived and is valid, buy DT Pro (follow "BUY NOW"-link).
If something is unclear, dont hesitate to post in our forums and we will help
you as soon as possible!

Please note:

- an internet connection is necessary to use DT Pro and DT Pro is activated
via internet
- vIDE is not yet implemented, nevertheless it is planned to add it within
one of the next updates (and we already updated DT Pro twice since customer-release).
- full Tag*s-capabilities already included
- up to 32 virtual SCSI-drives and with vIDE additional up to 2 additional drives
- customizable GUI
- full online-help
- fast read-engine
- full support at DAEMON Tools Customer-Supportboard
- already added language-support for english, german, french, italian and russian language
- regularly planned updates with not only bugfixes but also added features, several
addons are currently in development (like scanner)

Current version contains also SPTD V1.50, which is available for download at:

http://www.disc-tools.com/download/sptd and recommended for Standard-Version of DT V4.09.1,
too

Last edited by Crypton; 26-06-2007 at 04:17 PM.
Old 26-06-2007

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

Ohh very nice share thanks m8...i didn't even know that :P
Old 27-06-2007
Administrator

Looks alright. How does it compare to the standard version Crypton?
Old 27-06-2007
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan
Looks alright. How does it compare to the standard version Crypton?
Compared to the standard version it is great.

There are a few things to note about Pro.

Bad Notes:
  • Does not work with YASU currently can crash your system even damage your windows install if you run YASU with DT Pro. This is a "known" issue and they are working on finding a way to resolve it.

• vIDE is still not available, but will come in a patch update soon. vIDE of course will emulate an IDE drive and trick protection into thinking it is a real IDE instead of SCSI.

• Online Activation, it is "easy" and "quick" but regardless, if you plan on using DT Pro on a machine with no connection, you will need to activate it through a connection first and every so often it will check for legal activation which will force you to get the machine online again. It is not that "bad" but I prefer no online activation for my software. (though I am on 24/7 via Router) still...
Good Notes:
  • Built in support to compress CD/DVD Images that yields greater compression ratio than rar, etc.. So you can compress your image and run it as a compressed image (Some Tages images will only work compressed this way ) You simply make the image using DT Pro instead of another image program and check the option "Compress Image Data".

• Password protect your images. Great for those who use images at work etc.. for their business and need to prevent "Employee Theft" Such as the case when using site licensed software. Keep the originals safe as well as the images from being ripped/copied

• Support for Ripping CD/DVD Images including StarForce protected games. Great since you no longer need a third party tool for creating an image.

• So far is working without any Virtual Drive hiding utilities. (for example, I can play Sims 2, F.E.A.R., Splinter Cell, and some others) without needing to use another tool to hide DT Pro. Of course that is because DT Pro is not blacklisted yet. But even if it does get blacklisted, they will be working to keep it off the blacklist.

• Supports ripping images of Tages protected games. (among the others that Alcohol 120% supports, SecuROM etc..)

• Image cataloging and Search for Images functions.

• Up to 32 Virtual Drives. (will be 32+2 when vIDE is released)

• Support, as a customer using Pro you get much better support and helpdesk/ticket system for submitting support requests. This is always a plus and beats posting to the forums and waiting/hoping your question gets answered at least with information that actually helps you.

• Built in support for Shell Extensions, great as you no longer need a third party tool for automating mounting images via r-click menu.

• Plugins, although the devkit will only be avail to developers, and the like, it opens a greater possibility for plugins that extend DT Pro functionality, again, beats using a third party application when you can just use a plugin

• Customizable, add your own graphics, toolbars, etc.. Great for those who like a completly "themed" OS.
Overall it runs great. I have not had any issues thus far, Activation (all the time I have activated from updates) has been painless, using it is just as easy as DT Standard.

Last edited by Crypton; 27-06-2007 at 12:20 PM.
Old 27-06-2007
Administrator

Looks like the good notes outweigh the bad notes, so a definite thumbs up from me!
Old 27-06-2007
Crypton

Oh, forgot to mention that plugins are dll files of course thus they can be and are updated (better than updating entire DT for fixing a small portion of something)

Also, customers get access to other "tools" as well that are not "Public" though, they do get leaked every so often, they are great tools regardless Why wait for a leak anyhow when you get always get the most updated version in the customer forums , though, DT Pro will probably eventually make alot of tools pointless to use since it wil be the "all in one" emulation program and plugin ability will just support that even more.

I lucked out though, I had "donated to" or purchased DT Pro when the price was still 14.95 USD. The price for Pro now at release is $27 USD. Still worth it though for all its' features. And DT has always been superior for emulation even standard works better for emulating than Alcohol even though Alcohol uses the DT engine :P

Last edited by Crypton; 27-06-2007 at 12:30 PM.
Old 30-06-2007
Administrator

It's not overly priced either which is good.