PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
X 3 Reunion With Daemon Tools 4 - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 14-01-2006

Default X 3 Reunion With Daemon Tools 4

Is it possible to make a backup image for x 3 reunion without using anything but alcohol and daemon tools 4 ?
Old 14-01-2006
Crypton

Yes, make an image using Alcohol 120%, make sure you uninstall the game, use the StarForce Driver Removal Tool.

Then afterwards, uninstall and reinstall Alcohol 120% (SF3 renders Alcohol 120% unable to properly get DPM info) so reinstalling it is needed if you ran any game or even tried to run a game that has SF3 Protection.

Enable RMPS in Alcohol 120% in the options menu up top.

When you get to options, DPM set to Normal, Then when asked what speed for DPM Measurement, choose a mid range speed such as 4x or 8x and in some cases 16x is needed, (some may even be able to do 2x, but not many)

After making the image, you will still need to unplug your REAL CD/DVD Drives...

Then after that, simply mount the image to Daemon-Tools 4, (DO NOT enable any emulation options...)

Install the game, then run it, it will install SF3 Drivers again and will want a reboot, go ahead and do so, after reboot, try running the game again.. Make sure of course the image is still mounted to DT4..
Old 16-01-2006

Is there a way so i don't need to unplug my CD/DVD drive? Because I heard Daemon Tools are working on that so I wonder when they will finish?

Last edited by spejcic; 16-01-2006 at 10:25 PM.
Old 17-01-2006
Administrator

At the moment you have to unplug your cables, a future version of Daemon Tools is meant to have the blocker with it so you don't have to unplug the cables all the time.
Old 17-01-2006

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

Can someone give me an .mds only from the full image of the game....Not the one that Crypton has at his crack but made with Alcohol 120% ... thanks..
Old 18-01-2006
Crypton

eh? I do not have a crack for the game, I made an image of mine.

I am assuming you have the UK DVD Version released by Deepsilver? If so, here ya go.
Attached Files
File Type: rar X3_MDS_UK.rar (4.6 KB, 2167 views)
Old 18-01-2006

thank you very much..It is very different the one you have at your fix...it has 44kb and the other one is just 4kb..will try it and tell if works...
Old 18-01-2006

Hell yes it worked now i don't have to do all that it is included at your guide..Just mount my image and play....
Old 19-01-2006
Crypton

gratz, and lucky you, on my machine I just gotta unplug my real DVD drive, the guide I origionally wrote btw was made for Daemon-Tools v.3.47, which was about 1 week before the DT4 was released. I just have not updated it yet really.
Old 19-01-2006

You must update it....Keep up the good work...