PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
What does "Mediacode" stand for? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 28-06-2006

Default What does "Mediacode" stand for?

Hello everyone

In my attempt to backup a Sh*tForce protected game, i saw that i need to burn the backup on a specified mediacode (be it Philips 52X or TDK 52X). What does 'mediacode' mean? Is it simply the brand that makes the CDRs?

Also, the image that has to be backed up is somewhere around 800Mb. How would that fit on my CD?

Please excuse the newbie questions; however, i did not know where to look at after the answers.

Regards.
Old 15-07-2006

I don't know about the mediacodes would like to know myself however I do know about images files

see a image file doesn't just have the files off the cd it also know where on the cd there where, some protected game tell if they are copys by seeing where on the cd there are, if you copy all the files off the cd to your computer then burn to a blank cd they will not be in the same place meaning the game can tell, with a image it has where the files go meaning when you burn it will ( if you have the right progams, settings) burn to the same place as the real game. doesn't help much with today protected game but it was away past it with the old protected game.

so with you 800MB image burning it will not be 800MB as you will be taking off the information of where on the cd to place each file