PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Nancy Drew: Treasure In Royal Tower. Un-Able To Open CIF / CAL Tree File. - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 19-07-2009

Unhappy Nancy Drew: Treasure In Royal Tower. Un-Able To Open CIF / CAL Tree File.

Nancy Drew: Treasure in the Royal Tower PC Game

Ok. I've been trying for hours to get this game to work. I've installed it and played it on other computers just fine, but for some ungodly reason it will not play for anything on this computer. I have all system requirements met and yet i have rendered no successful gameplay.

To begin i disable my CA Security suite; anti-virus, anti-spyware, and my firewall. Since other places have suggested that these may cause interferences with installing the game files.

After doing this I;

I insert the CD and go through the installation just fine, but when i finish and go to play it, it pretends like it wants to load and then it gives me this message.

"Unable to CIF / CAL TREE file in Unable to CIF / CAL TREE file in Unable to CIF / CAL TREE f - all tree data has been cleared..."

Once i click ok on that i get another message stating that there was a runtime error and the program was terminated.

I have tried uninstalling and then searching out all remaining game files that may have been left behind as debris and deleting them, restarting the computer and re-installing the program to no avail. I have looked on other forums and tech support threads and nothing i seem to find is helping at all. I am losing my patients with this game. The only reason i have not broken the disk in half is because i really want to play it. .