PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
A Comparison - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 04-12-2005
koopsta

Default A Comparison

i did a few web searches on todays games that take the most out of a system and basically require a "high-end pc", which i dont have the fetti to upgrade to one with my income. But the least i could do was, i ordered a new vga card and memory to replace my
Geforce 4 Mx440 64mb AGP8x and my 2 sticks of DDR 256mb mem (266Mhz) with a:

eVGA GeForce 6600 GT / 128MB DDR3 / AGP. 500/900.
and 2 sticks of Kingston 512MB PC2700 DDR 333Mhz Memory. all at tigerdirect
i already have a AMD Athlon(tm) XP 2500+ (1833Ghz) which im gonna have to keep for now.

to the point of the question*
i plan on buying Battlefield2 today or tomorrow.
the system req. on Battlefield2 doesnt really quiet narrow it down to me so i just want to see the comparison of other people that play BF2 or any other similar game that takes a good system and how well the game plays and how many fps they play it on. will these little upgrades be enough to play the game on at least all medium quality settings with a decent fps speed. and will i be able to play on the max 64 multiplayer feature with high speed dsl?

Last edited by koopsta; 05-12-2005 at 01:36 AM.
Old 05-12-2005
Administrator

As far as I know (do not own the game) you need a pretty high end spec system to play this game, otherwise it will get a bit jumpy, why not try the demo first, put it on max settings, and see how you go, will give you some idea what you are up against.
Old 05-12-2005
koopsta

thanks for the tip

Last edited by koopsta; 05-12-2005 at 03:30 PM.
Old 06-12-2005
Administrator

No problems at all.