PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Copying program files - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 30-10-2005

Default Copying program files

Is it posible to copy a games program files over my network or dvd to my other computer and play the game.
Old 30-10-2005
Crypton

Not sure exactly what you mean? you mean install it on another machine and play it from a different machine?

If so, yes it is possible, but you need some software to do it, and im not sure that software is cheap.
Old 30-10-2005

i want to copy the program files(G:\Program Files\Rockstar\maxpane) to my other computer and play the game off the computer i copied the files two.
Old 31-10-2005
Crypton

You would need the registry entries, otherwise some things may not work properly,

Be better to install it on the other machine using the cd/dvd
Old 31-10-2005

How come it works on some games i tried like unreal tournament 2004 and warcraft 3.
Old 31-10-2005
Crypton

some games do not require anything in the registry to get file paths, and some games read entires in the registry to get where their files are located.

Some use relative path, such as ./pathtofolder or ../pathtofolder, ect..

instead of absolute such as c:\games\ut2004\pathtofolder

So not all games will work without the reg entries. If you know how to use regedit, you can however export the paths.
Old 31-10-2005

Cause these games doesnt require registry values.
If u open regedit and you search for Rockstar u will find the max payne registry value.Then u export that and you run it to the other pc.
Old 31-10-2005
Crypton

ya, but its better to leave the registry alone if you do not know how to use it, a "newbie" can easily delete something with the press of a button and render his OS broken.

I realize it is unlikely, unless the person is just not paying attention, but seriously, And no need to search, most reg entries for a game are located in HK local machine\software\(gamedeveloper) or hk current user\software\(gamedeveloper)

just like browsing folders, and would be quicker to just browse to those locations and check.
Old 01-11-2005

k thanx
Old 17-11-2005

I copied the program files of age of mythology, swat 4 and max payne 2 and they all worked without editing the regisrty.