PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
CloneCD failed to beat protection - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2006
ezrider

Default CloneCD failed to beat protection

I have been recently trying to clone a copy of Civ 3 with a trial version of Clone CD. So far I used to protected game setting to write an image file and have then burned my copy using the same profile. The game copies but it won't let me play the game once its installed. It says "CivIII cd not found please eject and insert ... blah etc". What is the story here???

ezrider
Old 09-02-2006
Crypton

I would recommend tryin Blindwrite or Alcohol 120%, CloneCD is good don't get me wrong, but there is better software. you may have better results with Alcohol 120%, it also contains profiles for protections which makes life easier.

Along with that, you can enable RMPS in Alcohol 120% when making the copy which can help when tryin to backup a game your having problems with.

But remember to enable RMPS Emulation in the program you use as a Virtual CD such as Daemon-Tools and Alcohol 120%
Old 09-02-2006
ezrider

thanks a lot Crypton. Do you think that the writing speed would have anything to do with the cd check not being included in the burned copy?? A friend of mine was able to backup up his Fallout 2 game with cloneCD and had no problems. Do the profiles offered actually make a difference at all??

I#m new to this whole thing if you can't tell already.

Ezrider