PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Voice acting in games. - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 20-03-2006

Default Voice acting in games.

OK, looking for a bit of help or a few pointers here.

Basically, I act for living and just recently i've been looking into how to get into voice acting for computer games as this really would be mixing business with pleasure.

Anyone got any ideas how companys go about casting for their games? Ive got a couple of studios names who handle voice work for games but im pretty sure some games co's do this in house.

Any suggestions would be great.

Cheers.
Old 21-03-2006
scalpachette

yeah try having a voice like no other i imagine you can get some pointers frome david hayter he may have a website or something he did the voice for solid snake in all of the metal gear solid games or just snake
Old 22-03-2006
Administrator

dave, it would depend really, in terms of accessibility, a lot of the studios are in the US, it would mean you would need to travel there, most likely at your own expense, and there is no guarantee you would get employment either. Although there are a few in England mind you.

What you really need is a multimedia agent that can get these deals for you.
Old 22-03-2006

Yeah, thanks guys. Looks like most of it is done in the US as it is cheaper.

Sending my demo off to the few studios here that do it. Also im doing some voice work for the next babylon 5 project game, the freespace mod, should be fun.

Just a lot of the time voice acting sucks in games, i'd love to do this but alas its that bit harder over here.
Old 23-03-2006
Administrator

Good luck with it all Dave