PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Ran out of virtual memory? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 11-10-2007

Question Ran out of virtual memory?

Hmmm ok well first i just built my computer... it has 4 sticks of 512 ram
250 gig hard drive in which only 30 gigs is used right now
2 vid card G force 7600 GTs
AMD Athlon Dual core FX processor

..... I "got" a game... Splinter Cell double agent.... installed on my comp... said i needed the cd... ok... got the cd fix...

tried to run game and ....

"Ran out of virtual memory. To prevent this condition, you must free up more space on your primary hard disk."

hmmm more space huh? so what it needs more then 220 GIGS OF SPACE?

anyone help me here?

(And btw it says crash on top of the window that says i need more memory. Allmost like there is an endless loop in the program somewhere.)

Last edited by honorable1; 11-10-2007 at 02:00 AM. Reason: more info
Old 15-10-2007
Crypton

When the game runs out of RAM it will being paging to virtual memory. You only have 512MB ram, SC is fairly memory intensive. Buy another 512MB stick of ram or increase your system swap file (Virtual Memory).

Control Panel > System > Advanced > Performance Settings > Advanced > Virtual Memory > Change

Last edited by Crypton; 15-10-2007 at 10:59 PM.