GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 23-07-2008

Question stronghold no CD error

I am trying to load in my Stronghold game using no CD patch. I keep getting this error message. I have tries re-installing the no CD patch but have had no luck. Any ideas as to what I need to do?
Attached Images
File Type: bmp stronghold-error-message.bmp (220.1 KB, 1821 views)
Old 24-07-2008

Did you overwrite the files in your installation directory with the ones from the archive?
Old 24-07-2008

Question no cd error

I downloaded the patch file. I copied the stronghold disk into a directory I named Stronghold. Next I extracted the patch file to the stronghold directory. I got a message asking me if I wanted to overwrite the .exe file. I said yes. After extraction I tried to start the game using the .exe file in the stronghold directory. That is when I got the error message.
Old 26-07-2008
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by wannabee-wallabee
I downloaded the patch file. I copied the stronghold disk into a directory I named Stronghold. Next I extracted the patch file to the stronghold directory. I got a message asking me if I wanted to overwrite the .exe file. I said yes. After extraction I tried to start the game using the .exe file in the stronghold directory. That is when I got the error message.
What do you mean you "copied the stronghold disk to a directory"? You should be installing the game straight from the CD/DVD.
Old 06-08-2008

Question

For some reason I have a directory already on the computer for Stronghold. But even though I am the only user for my laptop and should have administrator privileges I am limited to read only access. So when I try to reinstall the game I do not get the install option. All I get is the option to play the game. When I do I get an error message. I can not install the patch as I can not overwrite the file. Pretty much stuck until I can figure out how to work around this. Ever run across this problem before? I do not know if the patch had something to do with the privileges or not. Personally I do not think so but I am running out of things to try to erase this directory and start over.
Old 07-08-2008
Administrator

The game is going to have to be reinstalled, that's the only way I can see it working.
Old 15-10-2010

Default stronghold no CD error

Hey i just got an error for the first time that ive never seen before. When i click start it brings up an error box that tells me to "Please execute Silkroad.exe" and thats it. I tried re-downloading and re-installing it and it still gives me the error. Any ideas? it cant be anything major i hope so. -thanks
Old 16-10-2010
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by chogmamma
Hey i just got an error for the first time that ive never seen before. When i click start it brings up an error box that tells me to "Please execute Silkroad.exe" and thats it. I tried re-downloading and re-installing it and it still gives me the error. Any ideas? it cant be anything major i hope so. -thanks
Make sure your game version matches the No-CD version, use the v1.2 STRONGHOLD v1.2 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/FIXED EXE (598KB)