PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Valve Steam and Half Life 2 problems - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-02-2009

Default Valve Steam and Half Life 2 problems

Hello there

I have recently bought Half Life 2 (yes, late, I know). Anyway, now that I finally have it, I realised that the shop I bought it from did NOT supply me with the CD key and NOW they are not accepting the game back as it is beyond the 24-hour return period. Alas, I am not able to get the game activated because Valve doesn't renew CD keys. I have corresponded with them already. Extensively.

Is there any way I can activate/bypass the steam file with a patch or something?

I am completely against piracy but this is now my only choice. Valve is not budging and they keep adding to their growing enemies list.

Thank you

VM
Old 09-02-2009

If you still have the receipt, contact Valve support and explain your situation. First try to talk with someone in charge from the shop you've bought the game and ask to be supplied with a CD-key. After all, it's your right as a customer. If everything fails contact Valve and provide them with the receipt data and the names of the persons from the retail shops that refused to help you.
On the bypassing subject, I'm sorry, but we can't help. See the forum rules to understand why.
Old 10-02-2009

Thanks for the reply Wolf

I have tried to contact Valve already. They are absolutely unwilling to help. The situation has been explained to some bored employee too many times. Anyway, I guess the game will gather dust.
Old 19-03-2009

Isn't illegal for them to give you the game without a key for it? You should take it back with your receipt and tell them it was in complete and you want the key for it or an exchange for exactly the same game. I know you said no return after 24hrs but for the same game should be different story. The only semi excuse they have is if you bought it second hand but they shouldn't sell it in complete. If you can't get it sorted out least report them to steam. Good luck the game is really worth getting.