PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Age of empires collectors edition help - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-12-2013

Default Age of empires collectors edition help

I recently purchased the age of empires 1&2 collectors edition. I am trying to get both games and expansions on my laptop so that I don't need to put the discs in every time. Everything else that I have found has been too complicated. Could someone please provide a step by step on how to do it for: age of empires, age of empires the rise of Rome expansion, age of empires 2 the age of kings, and the aoe2 conquerer's expansion.
Old 03-12-2013
Administrator

Head to the Game Fixes section on the site, you need to download the lastest version NO-CD patches because most likely the collectors edition will already be updated to the latest patch version, if it is not then you need the v1.0 No-CD.
Because Age of Empires 1 only uses CD Checks as the protection you only need the No-CD patch, this will remove the CD Checks. For Age of Empires 2 you need the No-CD/Fixed Exe as the game uses the SafeDisc protection.
Download the No-CD patch and extract the exe to your games folder/directory (where the games exe file is) double click the No-CD patch and it will remove the CD Checks.
For Age of Empires 2, extract the exe file to your games directory/folder where the games exe is, it will ask if you wan't to replace the existing file, click "Yes".