PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Battle For Middle Earth 2 - Online - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game File Request/Locator
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-02-2008

Default Battle For Middle Earth 2 - Online

OK, I have the game installed, a broken CD, but with both the 1.06 Patch and gameburnworld's 1.06 Game.DAT Fix file, all applied.

It is all fine up to this point.

Can someone go through CLEARLY the processes to play online, links would be appreciated, there are lots of people in my position, and I will bump this to help others and tell other people to go on here, thanks.
Old 04-02-2008

no one can help me?
Please guys I've heard all kinds of stuff about using Daemon tools, Alcohol this Alcohol that, and SD4Hider which I've tried to use and its confusing.
Old 04-02-2008

bump
Old 05-02-2008
skywalker06

does any errors come up if so what kind of errors and which OS are you using
Old 05-02-2008

no errors, just 'failed to join - wrong version' because even though it is patched, I cannot play online because I need to do something different to play online involving the game image or something.
Old 06-02-2008
Crypton

I am not sure as to what works online using a NOCd fix for this game as I have not played it since an early version (like 1.02 or somethwhere around there)

As far as mounting to Daemon-Tools, do you have the latest version of Daemon-Tools 4 ? You will need to make a 1:1 image of the game using a program such as Alcohol 120%, (Daemon-Tools 4 Pro would be best option at this point) DT 4 Pro is not free either however, but Pro has a disc dumper option and it works very very well :P + It has vIDE (Virtual IDE) current Virtual Drives use SCSI which can be easily detected, many protections blacklist SCSI. Virtual IDE can be blacklisted but not quite as easily as SCSI. Anyhow, you get the point there I hope.

Daemon-Tools Standard/Lite only has the ability to mount created images. Which basically allows you to play them from a virtual CD/DVD drive.

You will basically need to make an image of your game disc (Must use Original Disc) and make the image using the settings for the protection type the game contains. Because it is a DVD, you may want to try making the image at a speed such as 2x-8x (4x is good majority of the time)
Old 06-02-2008

If you want to play online LOTR:BFME(any of the two), you'll need either the original CD/DVD in the drive or a mini-image. You can't play online if you use a crack. Most of the today games have a form of filechecking as an anticheat measure, this one not being an exception.
Of course, you can play on alternative servers, but the number of cheaters it's frustrating.
For the mini-image use, Crypton explained what you need to do.
So, reinstall the game, apply patch, use a mini-image. Don't use any cracks