PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
SW: KotOR I and II Help - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 15-04-2010

Default SW: KotOR I and II Help

Hi, I recently started playing these games again and I ran into some problems that I hope can be resolved on this forum

First off, KotOR I:

I started playing this game again and I installed it on my laptop computer, a toshiba satellite A355-S6935. I run on 64-bit Windows Vista. I installed the game in XP compatibility mode following the sticky guide here. However when I run the game's hardware check, a problem occurs.

In the report, the ram and graphic card details do not check out with my computer spec. Here's the deal:

Computer spec:

Intel Core 2, DuoProcessorT6400 @2.00GB
4GB SDRAM
ATI Mobility Radeon HD3650 with 512MB

Kotor Report:

[SWKotOR]
ReportDateTime=4/12/2010 8:00:03 PM
SysInfoVersion=v1.00.60
GameExists=1
GameVersion=v1.03.514077
GameInstallLocation=C:\Games\LucasArts\SWKotOR\

[OS]
Name=WinXP
Version=Windows XP v5.1 build 2600 Service Pack 2
Service Pack=Service Pack 2
Status=Pass

[SwapFiles]
?:\pagefile.sys=0

[CPU]
CPUCount=1
CPUSpeed=1995
CPUFamily=6
CPUModel=7
CPUStepping=10
CPUVendor=Intel
CPUName=Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU T6400 @ 2.00GHz
Status=Pass

[Memory]
RAM=1024
Status=Pass

[Video]
Video Card Name=
Video Memory=4096
Desktop Resolution=1366x768x32 @ 60Hz
DirectX=DirectX (9.0+) (4.09.00.0904)
OpenGL Version=2.1.7873 Release
OpenGL Vendor=ATI Technologies Inc.
OpenGL Renderer=ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650
Vid Card Status=Warning
Vid Card Driver Status=Pass
GL Status=Pass
DX Status=Pass

Everything else such as the CPU and harddrive seems to check out. But for the Ram, it only reads 1024MB instead of 4GB, and the game seems to have mistaken the ram for video memory which is only 512 MB. Also it doesn't seem to actually acknowledge the video card.

What's going on here? weird...

Any help or explaination would be greatly appreciated.

Now for KotOR II:

Obviously, KotOR II has the same not able to recognize hardware problem but there's another problem also.

I found a thread on this site about how to get the game to work using a .bwa image file and tools such as A Ray scanner. However, the link to the .bwa file on rapidshare doesn't work anymore. So I was wondering anyone can help me with this.

Thanks in advance.
Old 17-04-2010
Administrator

All I can suggest is update your drivers and see if it will solve the problem, often this can solve the problem then other times you get no luck, that's the problem with PC gaming, everyones system is different.
Another solution is to update the game to the lastest version with the official patch update, often developers will provide fixes for certain hardware devices that were previously incompatible.
Old 19-04-2010

Hey, thanks for the reply. I've already updated the game to its latest version. And I checked the drivers, they are the latest version as well. Although, the graphic driver for ATI mobility does not upgrade very often. Thanks for the effort.

And what about the second game. Any idea where I can get the .bwa file for KOTOR 2 play disk?