GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 26-02-2009

Default Sims 2 No-CD Patch Doesn't Work?

I'm currently having problems with my Sims 2 (Special Edition) when used with my laptop when I'm traveling, because its DVD drive is sensitive, so it jumps and skips, or maybe because my Sims 2 DVD has scratches, but still it works on my desktop.

So, I downloaded the No-CD patch for the Sims 2 DVD from GameBurnWorld.com, read that sticky thread about it (thinking I get it), and swapped the original Sims2.exe file to a new one with the No-CD program. Nothing Happened... It just gives the message box when you don't have the disc in at all. Are there steps that I missed? Also, what's the NFO file for? I can't seem to open it, is that important? Should I paste that in the game's main bin too? I really need to get my Sims 2 working without that somewhat bothersome DVD always in my laptop's drive. (It also drains power faster...) If you guys know the simple way to do the No-CD patch for those people with the legal version of the game, please help.

Thanks!
Old 26-02-2009

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2.shtml
The nfo file it's explaining how to put the crack in a step by step process. Right click on it, open with and select the Notepad. Make sure you have select the little square , so in the future, all the nfo files will be assosciatted with the notepad.
If you've updated the game, the no-dvd won't work, as it was specifically designed for v1.0 of the game. For an updated game, you will need to use the mini-image, which is on the same page mounted in Daemon-Tools (available at www.daemon-tools.cc ). The Lite version is Free, the Pro version is paid.

Last edited by wolfsrain; 26-02-2009 at 09:52 AM.
Old 26-02-2009

Thanks! It works now...
Old 17-03-2009

why isnt this working for me? i tried everything. I used the crack, i used the image file using daemon lite..i even mounted both the mdf and the mds file and nothing works please help