GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: Did this information help you?
Yes 6 46.15%
No 7 53.85%
Voters: 13. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 28-02-2005
Zedy

From EA's surprisingly detailed support - Quote -

Removed by DarkLeftos - See next post...

Last edited by DarkLeftos; 28-02-2005 at 12:30 PM.
Old 28-02-2005
DarkLeftos

Quote:
Q: I've followed the guide correctly, but I'm still getting an error about my system not having a DirectX 9c compliant card, although I have downloaded DirectX 9c and installed it. What is the problem?

A: Electronic Arts Technical Support has given an answer to this problem. You can view the solution here.

If you still have a problem, try disabling any refresh rate overriding software (such as Refresh Force) before trying to run The Sims 2.
I'd have to lol at Zedy's "surprisingly"... Sorry I edited your post, but that question has already been answered in the guide.

People, READ THE GUIDE before posting! God...
Old 01-03-2005
brenbur

My game runs slow its always skip i can barley play it is there anything i can change to fix this?

Last edited by brenbur; 02-03-2005 at 02:40 AM.
Old 02-03-2005
DarkLeftos

Maybe your PC can't handle this game, maybe you don't have the required hardware. You would be helping us if you told us more info about your computer.
Old 03-03-2005
Goingdown914

ok the save games are in My Documents\EA Games\The Sims 2 but what one is it if i want to take my game to another computer?
Old 04-03-2005
DarkLeftos

There are just too many files in there, and I really can't help you (because the names don't help much.)

I will give you my most common answer:

Contact EA's Tech Support @ http://eatech.custhelp.com
Old 04-03-2005
Spooked

Well Dark Leftos, I said I was thinking of becoming a pirate game user.
Now I am convinced.
The hassle these guys are causing legit users with thie so called copy protection has finally got on my pip.
I now have hassle with multiplayer in Far Cry. It is a bought copy but now it says my key is in use?? That is not my problem it is theirs.
You say that nothing makes it worth stealing the game.
Do you not think that when they take my money and then make the product unusable that that is also a type of theft?? Or at least false advertising??
No, i'm sorry but these people have shot themselves in the foot.
I refuse to pay for something that doesn't work.
Sorry to rant off the Sims subject but it's got beyond a joke.
Oh yeah, same problem with COD. Time to take something back.
Old 05-03-2005
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooked
Well Dark Leftos, I said I was thinking of becoming a pirate game user.
Now I am convinced.
The hassle these guys are causing legit users with thie so called copy protection has finally got on my pip.
I now have hassle with multiplayer in Far Cry. It is a bought copy but now it says my key is in use?? That is not my problem it is theirs.
You say that nothing makes it worth stealing the game.
Do you not think that when they take my money and then make the product unusable that that is also a type of theft?? Or at least false advertising??
No, i'm sorry but these people have shot themselves in the foot.
I refuse to pay for something that doesn't work.
Sorry to rant off the Sims subject but it's got beyond a joke.
Oh yeah, same problem with COD. Time to take something back.
That would be your choice, however I would not go around posting about it, you will just get yourself banned and nobody will provide you any type of support if you are known to be using pirate versions of anything.

As far as your serial number being in use, I recommend contacting their support line, they can resolve it and issue you another key if you can provide proof of purchase.

http://support.ubi.com/International/

Their is a listing of support links, should help you locate where you need to go. I have delt with UBI on a few occassions when it came to my serial numbers or other various issues and providing proof of purchase I was taken care of without question. Just note your old key will become blacklisted and will no longer be usable to install if they were to release a new patch.

If your key has been in fact "stolen" as you claim it is in use so obviously someone is using it, then I would recommend scanning your system with a Virus Scanner and other tools such as HiJackThis and Spybot, it is possible to have a "Keylogger" installed on your system or other types of trojan that can take your key and send it to someone. Anyways.. sorry you have probs, best of luck.

Reguards,
Crypt

Last edited by Crypton; 05-03-2005 at 03:29 AM.
Old 05-03-2005
Goingdown914

how do you build bridges like over water and in the sky
Old 05-03-2005
DarkLeftos

@ Crypt (and Spooked):

Quite well said, looking at Symantec's Latest Viruses page, some of the new viruses have the fashion of doing nothing but stealing game key codes! For christ's sake. But truth is, the support team of each company WILL and HAVE TO help you if you have proof of purchase.

I know about the trouble with multiplayer games and having your key used, and I know that it is quite a hastle.

However, I'd like to tell you one more thing. Most copied games, will NOT play on-line. That's because you have NO chance of getting a legit code this way, and new releases have serials that do not work (Deviance's latest releases have serials that end with 0DEV, so there is no way you'll play on-line with that.)

Companies surely have made it bad for ourselves. But good games, mean good developers behind that company, and if not the company as a whole, the developers deserve every last piece of coin.

However, it is your decision to make Spooked. You don't get a warning from me, but please, stick to the rules, and let us keep this forum clean.

And people, let us not get off topic here please?

@ Goingdown914:

This is not actually a game hint thread, it's a thread for people having problems getting the game to start. Ask EA or search the official forums of Sims 2.
Closed Thread