PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Battle Field Game Help - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-10-2005

Default Battle Field Game Help

I have a p4 2.8ghz and 768mb or ram and a radeon 9600xt 256mb. When i play battlefield vietnam or battlefield 1942 they both lag alot. I was wondering if anyone knows why this is happening.
Old 08-10-2005
Crypton

When is the last time you defragmented your hard drives? Also, how much Hard Drive Space total do you have and how much freespace is left?

If you have an almost full drive, you may want to start by uninstalling some things, free up a few gigs of space, then run scandisk and then defragment the drive.

// Regards,
Crypton
Old 09-10-2005

I have a 250 gb hard drive and i still have 180 gbs left. I already tried defragmenting it but it didnt work.
Old 09-10-2005
Crypton

You may want to check and close any programs running the in the background such as anything in the system tray, disabled any virus scanners during game play.

Also try this.

Click on the My Computer icon.
Then double-click on the C: drive.
Then double-click on Program Files.
Then double-click on EA GAMES.
Double-click on the Battlefield Vietnam folder.
Select Mods then the bfVeitnam folder.
Then select the Settings folder.
In that folder you will see a file called Default.con.
You will want to double-click this file to open it.
If it asks you what Program to use, choose WordPad.
In Windows XP you will first want to choose Display a list of programs for me to choose from.
Add this line in: Add game.soundbuffersize 400

Also,

Click on the Options from the Main Menu.
This should open more options below. Click on Sound.
From here try the following:
If you're trying to run the game with 64 channels and EAX and the game is lagging, try setting the channels to 32 and choosing Miles 2D Positional Audio.
To get to the Singleplay settings:
Click on the SinglePlay from the Main Menu.
This should open more options below. Click on Instant Battle
From here try turning the NUMBER OF BOTS slider down will improve performance in the single-player maps. Experiment with the setting which best suits your computer.

While playing the game you can make it run smoother by always keeping your command interface hidden (toggle with F8) you can improve your performance while playing. This change will most be most noticeable on low end systems

^^ Is for Vietnam, but most can be used for the otehr as well.

Also, make sure to update your drivers for Video/Sound ect. Installing updated chipset drivers or even installing if you dont have chipset drivers installed may help as well. Check in your BIOS your AGP Aperture setting as well. Set it to 128 if its set higher it can cause probs for some games.

If you already have the latest drivers for video, try an older version, check teh driver archive for your video card and see about downgrading.
Old 09-10-2005

Thank you

Changing the eax to miles 2d fixes it. Does that mean that i need a new sound card? Also i was just wondering what adding "Add game.soundbuffersize 400" into the CON do.

Thank you, jordan
Old 10-10-2005
Crypton

not nessesarily meaning you need a new one, could be some compatibility issue with your card, if it works fine on other games I would not even worry about it, as 2d should still sound somewhat decent.

The sound buffer changes the buffer size, when a sound is played, it has to be buffered into memory first in order to play it without having any skips ect.., it is then accellerated from memory through the audio processor. So increaasing makes more room for sound, but setting to high can result in teh same sound problems, so 400 is probably the "optimum" setting.
Old 10-10-2005

thanks for your help
Old 11-10-2005
Crypton

np