PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
What's new with Daemon 4.00 ? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Protections On PC Games
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16-11-2005

Default What's new with Daemon 4.00 ?

Well, we've talked a lot of this program. Now, can anyone write some games that it is now possible to crack with this program ?

Thank you, and like everyone say... scuse my english please !!!
Old 16-11-2005
Crypton

SafeDisc up to version 4, SecuROM up to latest 7, StarForce up to v.3.6, Smarte all versions, work with this version.

My list of games I have tested are way to long. To give an example. X3 - Reunion, F.E.A.R., Splinter Cell Chaos Theory, The Movies, Call of Duty 2, Black & White 2, all work with DT4.

As of now, the IDE Jammer and vIDE are not ready yet, so DT 4.00 does not contain them, some games you will have to unplug your CD/DVD drives. Disabling using StarForce Nightmare will not work with some. X3 doesnt work, only when you unplug CD/DVD Drives.
Old 16-11-2005
phil_in_uk

This is just crazy, there is no-way i want to unplug my ide cables every time i want to play a starforced game, are games really getting that hard to crack? or have all the crackers given up, cnt be assed? or maybe all in jail?

Come on crackers.......... bring back the NO-CD/DVD..............PLEASE!
Old 16-11-2005
Crypton

StarForce is very hard to crack, StarForce also uses several "dirty" ways of implementing protection. Some of which can be somewhat considered a form of Malware/rootkit.

Though SF Team will argue that (only normal for them to argue it)

It has been posted across several tech sites on the way it works and how it does its job the "dirty" way.

SF is installed on system level Ring 0, it allows complete control of User Level and Admin level controls. It can on the fly change permissions in registry, files, ect..

It also because it is installed on system level Ring 0, has anti debugging running 24/7, meaning even if your not running a SF game, you cannot debug it in any normal way. Very good cracking groups have cracked some older versions, but the new ones are atm, very time consuming and very hard to crack.

In order to debug on the system, you have to remove the StarForce drivers to do so. Which is also a pain in the ass for developers. But SF is not put onto a game until it is produced in the factory using the Glass Master (Gold Disc) That is where the actual protection is placed onto the CD and placed into the files.

SF Team are up to other dirty things as well, check out some tech reviews of Safe'N'Sec
Old 17-11-2005
Administrator

Yep, they are some very dodgy Russian programmers.
Old 18-11-2005

Did you get SCCT running of just d-tools?

i had to disabled the cdrom with SF Nitemare as well.
Old 18-11-2005
Crypton

Just had to unplug my DVD Drive, but works with no emulation ect.. on Daemon-Tools 4
Old 04-12-2005
thom225

How did you get the Movies working with DT4? The Movies keeps saying Please insert the right DVD in the drive, even with All emulation options ON.
Old 05-12-2005
Crypton

You don't need to enable emulation option in DT4, that is only for Burned CD's.

I just mounted and played.. If you don't have your REAL CD/DVD Drive unplugged from the IDE and Power Cables, then you will need to use tools such as SafeDisc Blocker or SafeDisc Hider.
Old 11-12-2005

Can you play SCCT without unplugging your CD Drives using daemon tools 4?