PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Old school Warcrafting - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 13-09-2005

Default Old school Warcrafting

so i wasn't completely sure where the best spot to post this was, but i'm thinking it's here..hoping. i was just wondering if Warcraft 2: Battle.net edition was capable of playing using a broadband connection. Or if online play was still an option for WC2 games. I have Warcraft 2 and i tried to play that earlier today but the only online option it has is a modem, which i do not have service for. A few friends and myself wanted to know before we went out and got a copy of it.

So can WC2:Battle.net edition be played online using a broadband connection?
Old 13-09-2005
Crypton

I am not sure, but the only difference between choosing the "type" of connection you are using is how the game utilizes the tcp/ip connection. In other words, you should be able to choose Modem and play together but it will just treat it as a modem connection using that as a base for sending/recieving data. It shoud run, but I cannot promise that of course.

If anyone else has this game and plays multiplayer, please confirm, but I am pretty sure it will still allow multiplayer, but im not sure if the battlenet option is avail, that would depends on if blizzard has the service open still for that gam which im sure they do as they are prety good about supporting their games.
Old 13-09-2005

yeah that was the thing, connection type can not be picked in WC2, dial up is the only option or if you link multiple computers together...which i do not have. i just want to play WC2 online with broadband.
Old 13-09-2005
Administrator

Theres no TCP/IP option to IP someone in?
Old 13-09-2005
Crypton

hmm, yeah there should be at least Dial Up / Direct Connection (TCP/IP) and IPX . If your only seeing Dial Up then something is definately wrong.

Right click the shortcut to the game, goto properties, then goto "Compatibility" tab and set it to Win98

See if that helps, do that on both computers (yours and your friends computers)

See if that helps at all.

// Regards,
Crypton
Old 13-09-2005

Cool

says direct connect is for 2 computers using a NULL MODEM cable and for IPX network, it can not detect a network. the direct connect in WC2 brought option choices like: Baud, Com, IRQ, and call/answer.
so i am thinking direct connect is for 2 PCs connected directly...not online, which is what i want/need.

that's why i was looking into WC2:Battle.net edition, but i need to know if it supports broadband before we all buy a copy.

thanks