PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Siedler 5 gold edition/Settlers 5 Gold edition - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Backup/Burning Instructions/Solutions > Game Backup Instructions
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 09-01-2008

Question Siedler 5 gold edition/Settlers 5 Gold edition

ARRRRRRRRGHH!!!!! I purchased a copy of Siedler5, Gold Edition, for 10 euros as a Xmas present, complete with serial etc etc etc, from a department store, so NO!!warez, NOTHING ILLEGAL, and now the d...ed disc already has a few (minor) scratches, and I need to make a copy as a back up. I use Win98, not XP/Vist., so I know i have limited possibilities, regarding back up software,...but still, there HAS to be a way to do it!??,...doesn't there?...

Installed programs, Nero 6, CloneCd 5.3, using an LG HSthingamajig 48x drive, with updated drivers, haven't had any probs up till now,....and then.....nothing

I used CCD5.3 to burn a DAO DVD, which seemed to work,...it finished anyway, then I installed from the copy, which also seemed to work, as the game is installed on my 2ndPC and works with the original disc perfectly.

Now when I try to start the game, I get an error message, and canīt do Jack......

Alcohol and Daemon , at least the newer versions aren`t an option, due to Win98/Me,..

IS THERE ANy WAy to back my LEGAL!!!! ORIGINAL, factory fresh version up?????

Anybody have any ideas???? (and , no, throwing out 98/Me isnt gonna happen).....

I would REALLLY appreciate your help....(maybe older versions of alc/Daemon/Nero Image????)

Many Thanks,
NEEEEEEED HELP
Old 09-01-2008
Crypton

Would be helpful to know the error your getting, cannot even attempt to help you otherwise.

If it was working before and then quite, then something has obviously changed. What have you installed since, etc..? Backtrack what you did after it was working fine -> to when it stopped working.
Old 10-01-2008

Question siedler 5

I won't have an opportunity to try it again till this afternoon (work), but I will, and then let you know.....if I remember correctly, it was a hmmm....''D0-number-number-number-letter-letter-bla-bla.TMP'' error, ....
the wierd thing being the TMP abbreviation at the end....makes me suspect that CCD couldn't/didn't read a set-up temp. file correctly when it copied the image file....
but like I said, I'll take a look at it again this afternoon, and let you know.

Thanks for your help, by the way
have a good day
Old 10-01-2008
Crypton

aye, and np, just let us know what the error is and let us know what your doing when you get the error (such as installing, playing, etc..) maybe can help, but not sure at this point.
Old 10-01-2008

Question siedler 5 gold edition

well rats, didn't get around to it today due to work, but I'm gonna tackle it tommorrow and will let you know what happens. Thanks:-)
Old 13-01-2008

Default finally back

well, I finally had a chance to take a look at the game again..like I said above, I have a totally LEGAL game and want to make a back up...
I deinstalled Siedler 5 ( I had installed it from the 1st attempt at a backup DVD; BUT every time I tried to play it, I got the following error message
SHOK caused an error in ~DF394B.TMP

when I opened the message, stack error at 016f:667c486b.

OOOOOOOOkkkkkkk

I deinstalled the game (from the failed backup) , reinstalled it from the original dvd, and everything is hunie dorie.......EXCEPT for the fact that I still don't know how to make a back up

Like I mentioned, I run WinME (still like the 98 system better), and am unfortunately limited in my choice of possible software.....Blindread/Daemon/Alcohol all don't work under ME if I#m not mistaken..... what can I do?....
I went to the CloneCd homepage, and followed the tips there for siedler 5...and that was the failed attempt.....
orrrr, do you think that the fact that I used a DVD-RW disc when I made the first back-up may have something to do with the fact that it doesn't work?......

The veryfirst thing I had tried, was an image file with nero6, but that REALLY didnīt work,
Any ideas what i can do ?.....

Sigh,.........
have a good sunday:-)
Thanks for your help..