GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2008
Crypton

Not really sure whats causing so many to have this issue, my only guess is some CD/DVD drives are having trouble reading the discs. OR something on these PC's that are interfering with normal operation of the install system. Such as AntiVirus, Windows Defender, and other programs that are used to protect against spyware, etc..

I would make sure any other programs are closed before installing. You can also browse to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\

In there you will see a folder named InstallShield Simply rename it or even delete it, then run install again. The InstallShield folder will be recreated again with fresh files.
Old 28-01-2009

Default help? =P

I have a kind of similar problem.
When I try to install Sims 2 University, it works perfectly up until it says I have to insert Sims disk 4.
I insert the disk and then it says there has been an error update or something
I dunno what to do =[
Old 29-01-2009

Before installing, Sims2 University, download the latests Sims2 patch (it can be found either on the EA site or on www.dlh.net ). Install the patch v.1.0.0.1022 (CD/DVD) manually.
So the install method would be:
a)install Sims2 (if you don't have it installed, yet, but I doubt that )
b)install Sims2 patch v.1.0.0.1022 (CD/DVD)
c)install Sims2: University
Old 12-03-2009

Question It's driving me NUTS!!!!

I have tried everything!!!!

I got the Sims 2 University 2 days ago & have been trying to install it ever since!!! But it won't work

I've uninstalled all of my other sims coz i read somewhere that u had 2 put them in a certain order. So then i reinstalled Sims 2 Deluxe, then i did the Disk Images & Disk 1 & Disk 2 thing & copy & paste them but still nothing.

Then i put the disk in.
Auto ran it.
Typed the code.
Put it in a separate location (My computer - Local disk - Disk images - Disk 1)
Then it worked!!! I got soooo excited, then... it got 2 64% & a pop-up thing came up saying this:

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file
'D:/Support/European Help Files/Sv/whxdata/whidata0.xml'
from the media.

I have also downloaded the University Patch & the Sims 2 DVD patch but still nothing.

I'm really confussed Any1 help???
Old 12-03-2009

Either a bad image, or a bad disc. If you install from a image, than the image wasn't done properly, if you install from the CD, than you have a problem. Which would require to go to the shop from where you bought the CD's and ask for a change (provided that you are still in the 30 days change zone).
Old 02-06-2009

Default Sims 2 Univerisity installation problems

I used to have all my sims 2 and expansion packs in my computer and they all worked perfectly, then i unistalled them and later installed them all again they still worked.

But for some reason when I try to install the university expansion pack it tells me at 78% to put disk 2 in, I dont have another disc from the university pack to install. What do I do? And if this doesnt happen then it tells me at the end of the installation to put in disk 4 of sims 2, it suggests something about an update is needed, so i put in the sims 2 disk 4, then it goes to update and crashes.. yet no programs are running and i have turned off my crash programe thingy like my friend told me to. Yet I still don't have the sims university or any of my expansion packs in the computer working successfully other than my orignal sims 2 disks.

Help me- email me at faz-123@hotmail.co.uk

Last edited by FaithElizabeth; 02-06-2009 at 04:49 PM.
Old 19-07-2010

Question i need help with my sims 2 university

i have installed it perfectly but every time i go to use it or run it all it does is sits there and acts like its going to work nd then shuts off and doesnt do anyhing afterwords. plz help me anyone
Old 02-08-2010
Administrator

Do you get an error message? Are you using a No-CD Patch?
Old 26-03-2013

i have done these steps but when it comes to installing the 2nd cd it doesn't let me click ok, it just flashes. the initial problem was after I put in cd 4 of sims 2 it says it couldn't install updates so installation will now stop, very annoying, someone help plz
Old 27-03-2013
Administrator

When you say it flashes, are you referring to the CD (D:/) drive in MY Computer? Or do you mean the installation button?
You need to install the latest update for each of the previously installed game/expansion, this is essential to install each additional expansion.