GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-01-2006

You have most likely purchased a bad copy, I recently bought the Sims Fullhouse and at least three of the disks would not work, returned it to the shop for an exchange and the new copy works perfect...

Cheers.
Old 25-07-2006
plankton

Default help

i have a similar problem.....whenever i try to install the sims 2 university it stops at 68 percent and cant continue...what is it doing and how can i fix it???
Old 25-03-2007
Cubby_Michael

Default IT WORKS!

This resolved a problem that prevented me from being able to install both the University and Nightlife packs on my machine. Thank you for posting this, it was incredibly helpful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crypton
Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

Double-click My Computer.
Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name this folder Disk1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.
Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 University into your CD-ROM drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
Double-click My Computer to open it.
Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.
When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.
Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.
Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.
Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.
Old 25-03-2007
Crypton

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cubby_Michael
This resolved a problem that prevented me from being able to install both the University and Nightlife packs on my machine. Thank you for posting this, it was incredibly helpful.
yup, np, glad to help.
Old 17-07-2007

Hi, i've been trying to install sims2 university. I basically have the same problem as everyone else, except that when i would try to install the game with the disks it would never ask me for the second disk. i tried doing the Disk Images thing and copy the files, but that seemed to stop at the same files it would when i would be installing it from the disk (hope that made sense). Does that mean that theres something wrong with the disk?
Old 18-07-2007

It stops when the game is trying to patch the original Sims2?
Old 17-09-2007
elke93

i did everything you posted but in %68 it's ask me to put disk 2 i put in daemon tools but when i click ok it's not expect it!!! help me please!!! it;s ask me for 2 cd i am puting it but it's not expect it!!! helpppp
Old 24-10-2007

I think I also have this problem, when at 69% I get this error:

A problem ooccured while copying this file:
TSData\Res\Sound\Neighborhood.package

The only choice I have is to try again ( doesn't work ) or
cancel the installation.
I've tried the whole copying-cd-to-hard-disk but it won't work :S
PLEASE HELP ME!
Old 27-12-2007
Biceps321

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleppe
Anyone know how to get the The Sims 2: University to work? Every time i try to install it, it stops and can't continue at 69%. EA Says buy it again, lol, im sure their is a cure.
Well, I figured out a sure way to beat this issue, but no one is going to like it much. When I tried to install University EP, it kept stopping at 68% (not 69% like Kleppe, for some reason). After reading all this stuff, and still no luck, I went out and bought Bon Voyage EP and installed it. Then I installed University from the same discs I had been having problems with before. No Problem. To play all my EPs now, I just open Bon Voyage and it goes to the Sims 2 Launcher.

Since Bon Voyage EP has the newest and most recent copy protection on it (I'm guessing here), and it opens into the Sims 2 Launcher (where it detects and displays all the different EPs you have), for some reason it works fine. I am assuming that all the copies you are using are legal and installed from their original discs.

Because it requires you to buy an additional EP, it is definitely not the best solution if you just went out and bought University, but... well... it works.

Good Luck!
Old 24-03-2008
MarchnBandDiva

I'm having the same problem..i thought maybe it was because i wasn't putting them in order..but it stops at 30% and says that "tsdata.......voice1.package" doesn't copy over...