PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Problem with Emperor: Battle for Dune - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game Help
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 06-10-2005

Default Problem with Emperor: Battle for Dune

Hey guys. I'm trying to install this game again after years of it's inactivity. Here's my problem.

When I insert the disc to install the game, the autorun pops up. I click the Install button. Then.... nothing. The autorun screen disappears. No installation program, no error message. Just my desktop.

I tried going to the SETUP.EXE file and changing the compatability option to Windows NT. The Program attempts to start but then I get an error message saying that there is no CD in the drive, when in fact the installation disc is in there.

I even tried using Alcohol 120% to copy to files. No luck, because there were many MANY reading errors when copying. Tried it several times, no luck.

I am running Windows XP with Service pack 1.

Any ideas, guys?
Old 06-10-2005
Administrator

What programs are running in the background? Press Ctrl + Alt + Del and end some of the non-essential task running in the background, then try and install the game.
Old 06-10-2005

No Dice, my friend.
Old 06-10-2005
Crypton

Might want to try using ISOBuster to make an ISO image, ISOBuster can sometimes get past errors.

Also, when you said you had tried copying files, did you just try to copy the files off the CD or try to make an image using Alcohol 120%? You can check select the "SafeDisc" Datatype when making an image and it will ignore read errors.

But with this game, if your getting errors, most likely the CD may be damaged in some way? Or your CD Drive may need cleaning?

Might also want to try a CD-Repair kit to repair scratches on the CD as well as a CD-Rom cleaning kit to clean the lens of the drive.

// Regards,
Crypton
Old 06-10-2005

There is no visible damage to the CD....

Yea. I used Alcohol 120 to copy the image.

Last edited by IndianaJ; 06-10-2005 at 03:47 AM.
Old 06-10-2005

No Dice. The ISOBuster hits the errors as well.
Old 06-10-2005
Crypton

Definately something wrong there, the game itself is protected by simple cd-checks so it should not have any errors such as SafeDisc errors. It is possible the disc is damaged, even with no visible scratches. Otherwise, only other thing possible could be the cd-drive your using, even though cd's tend to last a while, lower quality media will "expire" over time, making the cd hard to read on any drive. Would depend on the media the company used to manufacture the cd. Or if it is a burned copy, the quality of the media used could play a factor.

Out of curiosity, what errors are you getting? Just error reading, crc errors or?

Put the CD in the drive, then open the drive, select all and choose copy, then paste into a folder on your hard drive, see if you get any error usch as cylic redundancy check errors, or any other read errors.
Old 15-11-2005

Default Same problem as Indiana

Im having exactly the same problem as Indiana, I just cant get the game to install, even after trying all your sugestions posted here.
Old 16-11-2005
Administrator

Do you get an error message when trying to install? Backup copy or original copy you are trying to install from?
Old 06-01-2006

what kind of version do you have?