PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Galactic Civilizations 2: Dread Lords 1.40x?? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > Game File Request/Locator
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 02-02-2007
JJuggs

Question Galactic Civilizations 2: Dread Lords 1.40x??

I've tried about 4 or 5 fixes for GalCIV 2 (1.40) and none work, inlcuding the two on this site. I install the game, patch to 1.40x, move the galciv2.exe to the right directory and get a completely black screen when executing. I had the game working thru 1.3, but now...darkness...Any advice?
Old 03-02-2007

Only the one labeled 1.40 works with the update.So reinstall the game, update it to v1.40, apply crack(you should be asked to overwrite the original exe).
The crack for 1.40 posted on this site works just dandy for me.
Old 03-02-2007
JJuggs

Default It's Alive!

Thanks for the motivation wolfsrain. I had reinstalled and repatched and overwritten before, but this time...here's how I did it:

1) uninstalled game
2) IMPORTANT (I think...correct me if I'm wrong): Deleted the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\GalCiv2 folder. (I wasn't too attached to any save game files, but you may wish to temporarily move these files).
3) Reinstalled GalCiv2 1.0 from CD
4) Applied patch 1.40x downloaded from GalCiv.com (see below)
5) Moved original galciv2.exe to another folder
6) Pasted galciv2.exe from GalacticCivilizations2DreadLordsv1.40XFixedexeEng located on this web site (just like you said wolfsrain!).
7) Executed game from Start menu, like normal
8) The game itself runs fine, displays "1.4x" lower-left main screen, the opening videos are gone, just the sound plays...but who cares?!

I had previously renamed the original "galciv2.exe" to "galciv2.exe original." This is what I do with all my games (without a problem)...they sometimes need that original .exe to be patched. Can GalCiv spot a second .exe and crap out?

Do you think removing the C:\Documents and Settings\Owner\My Documents\My Games\GalCiv2 save game directory might have been the magic touch?

Note: GalCiv.com now has the 1.40x patch available for direct download. (You had to go through Stardock to update it beyond 1.3 until recently). I think I got my 1.40x off Shareaza, so add that to the list of things that MAY have been blocking my (updated) galactic tyranny.

Thanks for letting me know that yours worked wolfsrain...that's what set me off for another try. I'll check back here soon to see if you have any thoughts on what worked for me.
Old 03-02-2007

I usually clean up the registries also(not recommended if you don't know what to delete).Some games are requiring a complete clean up of the install.I've met those problems for quite a few, so when I reinstall I make sure first that I've uninstalled every little thing. Also I clean up the windows registry as well. Than I procede with the reinstall. As for the videos, they might have a conflict with a codec on your PC.I use K-lite Megacodec pack and all is well.
Old 03-02-2007
JJuggs

Default Codecs?

Wolfsrain,
First, I forgot about the registry...good point. Must be a mental block: I fear the registry therefore is does not exist?
Second, I know nothing about 'codecs.'
Do you know which 'components' to install?
I downloaded klmcodec164.exe and started the install, and it asked me about removing (ie replacing) quicktime, realplayer, then a long install instruction popped up listing a bunch of components.
I chickened out and posted this because you've been so helpfull, and this is my families computer and I don't want to change anything that may harm any existing setups. (Unless the functionality is the same, then I won't miss QT or RP)
I'm obviously looking to install the minimum components (unless just installing everything is the way to go...see functionality above).
Can you refer me to a codec newbie guide on the web, or do you know which components I need?

I'll be back later...

Thanks
JJuggs

Last edited by JJuggs; 04-02-2007 at 12:00 AM.
Old 04-02-2007

K-lite has alternative players for real media and quicktime. If you don't know nothing about codecs, select the playback only options and the pack will install only the playback codecs(there are some for decoding and a lot for encoding movies, hence the codec name).Also you can customize the install and tell to K-lite not to install real alternative and quicktime alternative(that after you select the playback only option).But you might already have an alternative codec pack installed on your computer which conflicts with galciv2 movies(there are quite a bunch on the net, but I consider the best K-lite MegaCodec Pack, mainly because I never had any conflcts with the audio codecs and movie codecs the today game are using). So would be a good idea to find out what codecs are installed on your computers before installing this pack. If you have Ace Megacodec Pack you are really in trouble. That pack goes so deep in Windows that would be easier to reinstall the frigging Windows, rather uninstalling the Ace Megacodec pack. With K-lite you have settings for everyone, form newbie to expert user(I use the pack for encoding some home made movies, it has all the encoding tools you need), but with Ace, well, let's say I have lots of nightmares.
Old 05-02-2007
Crypton

Honestly should stay away from Codec Packs, Klite is ok, but Codec Packs often can cause more grief than anything, especially for someone who knows nothing about Codecs.

Installing only Codecs and Filters you need individually usually is better. (Real Alternative/Quicktime Alternative/Divx/XVid/AC3/MS Media 8/9)

Most sites (except for the Codec Pack Sites) will tell you that, such as places like Video Help, ect... Which they are absolutely right.