PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
CD Drive prob. Fixable? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Today's Posts

Old 08-02-2005
jay05

Default CD Drive prob. Fixable?

Hey I was wondering if any of you are good with Cd Rom drives. Mine is a QSI SBW-241 and it's getting me a lot of problems. I can write images but can't really burn to a blank cd. I mean it burns on certain brands but not most of them. (works on sony, toshiba, fuji, and some other cd r. All cdrw's work. Maxcell, memorex, tdk cd r's don't work.)
You guys know anything about a fix. I'll tried firmware update to VH07 but didn't help. And why does it whine so much!!! I hate it. Some scratches and it starts whining like he!!....
Old 09-02-2005
Administrator

How old is the burner? Some CD burners have problems with the dyes etc. on the CD. Do the CDR's you burn to have the required write speeds that your burner can handle?
Old 09-02-2005
jay05

I've tried all speed. I bought it about a year and a half. I've contacted QSI but no response....
Old 10-02-2005
Administrator

That is quite strange, as it is quite a new model. The best CD writers out there are Ricoh (the best I have found) and also I have heard LiteOn are quite useful as well, you could try updating to one of those, CD writers are becoming cheaper by the week, or if you don't have the money, I guess you will have to keep using your current one, with the media it can burn to.
Old 20-05-2005
carlnalex

Not to dismiss your intelligence, but have you ever been able to write to the other brands you mention? If you answer yes to this, have you tried a simple clean of the drive?
Old 19-06-2005
jay05

yes I have cleaned my drive and it whines like a baby if there is one little scratch on it. The other brands that I've mentioned above works, but others don't such as memorex.