PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
Is it worth getting an extra gig? - GameFileForums
GameFileForums  

Go Back   GameFileForums > Game Help > General Discussion
User Name
Password
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 16-02-2006

Default Is it worth getting an extra gig?

Ive got one Gig. I read that another gig can help with games like FEAR.

Think its worth it?
Old 16-02-2006
Administrator

We are obviously talking RAM here, I would say go for it if the price is right, can make a huge difference, it's like adding a supercharger to your car, you will get better performance. F.E.A.R. is a highly dependant RAM game as well.

Is F.E.A.R. running a little slow for you?
Old 16-02-2006

Thanks, think I will. I do a lot of music stuff on my pc and apparantly its good for that too, reduces clicks etc when you have a lot of tracks.

Fear does struggle a bit on my pc, Quake, call of duty etc run great but fear seems to need the settings a bit lower than the other games.

Oh, I got gamegain, it really did make a great difference to the framerate to quake, was really pleased.
Old 16-02-2006

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

Yeah the Extra gig always helps...
Old 17-02-2006
Crypton

An extra GB of Ram can help, but depending on the rest of your system it may or may not even be the ram as a problem.

F.E.A.R. should run fine on 1 GB of Ram, what speed CPU do you have and what Video Card?

You may need to invest in a better Video Card or CPU rather than RAM.
Old 18-02-2006

Send a message via MSN to NITROUS SYSTEM

Before i had put 1gig i had 512 and Fear was running smothly...So i agree with Crypton it may be VG of CPU ...Make sure your CPU has at least 2.4 as Fear needs a very good CPU and VG!!!