PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
GameFileForums - View Single Post - JUSTICE DEPARTMENT ANNOUNCES INTERNATIONAL
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2005
Crypton

Ya, it will hurt the fix release time, but honestly, its not going to dent warez. At least that is my opinion. Really like to see the gov focus on more important things such as poverty, murderers, rapists, child molesters. Instead they focus on illegal software because the companies cry that their product was released for download.

It is the statistics they cry over, claiming that this year they sold x amount last year they sold x amount less, so next year they should sell xx amount more.

Figuratively speaking using statistics ? Well, look at it this way, if person A downloads something illegally, they either 1. Would have never bought it in the first place, 2. didn't have the money because of the much needed bills to be paid and just wanted something to enjoy while having a day off from work. So again, never would have bought it even if they wanted to. or 3. Because the non regulation on things, prices for some products are just plain outrageous. Look at cable companies for example, they are non-regulated and look at how they screw people.

I just do not see in my opinion that statistics can be grounds to prove they are "losing" money., if person A would have never bought the product anyway, where is the loss? Now if they walked into a store and stole it from a shelf, then yeah possible loss because it would cost money to replace that product on the shelf.

Maybe I am wrong, my opinion but that's how I see it. Even Linux the once 100% free software is starting to lean more and more towards greedy companies who are slowly making Linux a pay OS. This was never intended by the developer.

Anyways, my guess, they probably just caught some of the major "releasers" not the actual group as a whole. Releasers can be replaced, and the crackers/reversers are probably working on the next release as we speak.

Last edited by Crypton; 12-07-2005 at 06:09 PM. Reason: Yes, even I somtimes will come back to spellcheck, don't get used to it however :)