PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
GameFileForums - View Single Post - Sims 2 No-CD Patch Doesn't Work?
View Single Post
Old 26-02-2009

Default Sims 2 No-CD Patch Doesn't Work?

I'm currently having problems with my Sims 2 (Special Edition) when used with my laptop when I'm traveling, because its DVD drive is sensitive, so it jumps and skips, or maybe because my Sims 2 DVD has scratches, but still it works on my desktop.

So, I downloaded the No-CD patch for the Sims 2 DVD from GameBurnWorld.com, read that sticky thread about it (thinking I get it), and swapped the original Sims2.exe file to a new one with the No-CD program. Nothing Happened... It just gives the message box when you don't have the disc in at all. Are there steps that I missed? Also, what's the NFO file for? I can't seem to open it, is that important? Should I paste that in the game's main bin too? I really need to get my Sims 2 working without that somewhat bothersome DVD always in my laptop's drive. (It also drains power faster...) If you guys know the simple way to do the No-CD patch for those people with the legal version of the game, please help.

Thanks!