PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant privacyurl - assumed 'privacyurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 41

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant tosurl - assumed 'tosurl' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../global.php(834) : eval()'d code on line 42
GameFileForums - The Sims 2: University Installation Problem
GameFileForums

GameFileForums (http://www.gamefileforums.com/forums/index.php)
-   Game Help (http://www.gamefileforums.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=5)
-   -   The Sims 2: University Installation Problem (http://www.gamefileforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=393)

Kleppe 30-08-2005 12:07 AM

The Sims 2: University Installation Problem

Anyone know how to get the The Sims 2: University to work? Every time i try to install it, it stops and can't continue at 69%. EA Says buy it again, lol, im sure their is a cure.

DuffMan 30-08-2005 06:50 AM

Is the Sims 2 original or backup copy? You may have issues if it is a burnt copy.

Crypton 30-08-2005 07:20 AM

That is an issue known on "backup copies" as Duffman stated. The origional CD's do not have that issue. Install from the origional CD's.

Kleppe 30-08-2005 12:06 PM

They are the orginals, straight from the case.

Crypton 30-08-2005 01:03 PM

Very strange. Are you using a NOCDFix for the origional game? If so may need to put the origional exe or any fixed files back in order to install the game.

Have you tried making cd images of the install cd's and installing from them instead? Could possibly be something going on with the protection and your cd drive having problems reading it.

Kleppe 30-08-2005 02:36 PM

I bought The Sims and The Sims: University. I installed the The Sims 2 just fine, went to install the The Sims 2: University, and i get an error at 69%. I have tried uninstalling and deleting everything related to The Sims, no luck. I tried copying the CD's to folder on my computer and running them. I still get the error. I can't even copy the whole thing as I get the error everytime it gets to that point. I have tried all the Technical issues from EA, they are stumped. But yet, i have to pay them to get it fixed?

Crypton 30-08-2005 11:03 PM

ya sometimes companies can be a pain when it comes to these things, ill check around on the net and see if I can find a similar problem and possible fix. Atm, I gotta go get some sleep however.

Crypton 31-08-2005 11:46 AM

Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

Double-click My Computer.
Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name this folder Disk1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.
Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 University into your CD-ROM drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
Double-click My Computer to open it.
Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.
When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.
Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.
Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.
Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

paulirocks 02-09-2005 12:43 AM

it doesnt work for me

hey i was having the same problem so i tried what you suggested and it still doesnt work all i get is an error saying "Cannot copy TS2UPD: Invalid MS-Dos function. and these are original disk. maybe somebody can help :confused:

Crypton 03-09-2005 03:06 AM

what step are you doing when you get that error, or is it when you run the game? Are you trying to copy it in dos mode??