PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
brothers in arms help needed plz? [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : brothers in arms help needed plz?

ferritt
05-04-2005, 04:03 PM
Right just installed the game etc... ran it and everything starts up fine. the ubisoft intro vid comes on then another vid comes on but then the screen goes blank? I can hear what i think is the main menu music but i cant be sure that it is the main menu cus my screen is blank? If i press enter afew times a picture appears and a red loading bar moves across the bottom of the screen gets to the end and then nothing. I've left it to see if it kicks it after a while but still nothing? My comp does not freeze up as i can press the xp keys and it goes back to windows. So does anybody know what could be wrong? I have downloaded all the latest drivers for graphics card but still no joy.

My comp details are:

XP home (service pack 2)
AMD 2 gig
256mb ram (I know its poor!)
geforce4 MX 4000 64mb graphics card

Hope this helps

cheers

ferritt
05-04-2005, 04:36 PM
Update:

just tried again and still only music no main menu. pressed enter afew times like before and load screen appears with red bar. when loading ended audio of a man speakin started then what i think was the in game action sounds came on, but still no actual game screen. it's gotta be me graphics??? hiopoe not tho. any advice/help would be greatfully receaved.

cheers

Mr.M
05-04-2005, 08:55 PM
the only thing i can think of is either your computer hardware, or some game files are missing,-you also might try to switch your color settings (32 bit ect)

ferritt
05-04-2005, 09:09 PM
Hi,

tried all that. But I've just looked on the ubi soft site and the game does not surport nvidia geforce 4 MX graphics cards!!!!! Great so if i wanna play it i gotta get a new card or wait for some kind of patch to come out.

cheers

DuffMan
06-04-2005, 09:06 AM
Try updating to the latest patch, which is v1.3, you can also get the Game Fix for this version on the site here: http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/brothersinarmsroadtohill30.htm

ferritt
06-04-2005, 04:38 PM
Try updating to the latest patch, which is v1.3, you can also get the Game Fix for this version on the site here: http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/brothersinarmsroadtohill30.htm

cheers but where do i get the patch from? And also on gameburnworld they is only a fix for version 1.0 and 1.2 no version 1.3??

cheers

DuffMan
07-04-2005, 03:04 AM
Not sure where the patch can be downloaded, try the official Brothers In Arms: Road To Hill 30 website. The BROTHERS IN ARMS: ROAD TO HILL 30 v1.03 [ENGLISH] FIXED EXE (73.6KB) has been on the site since yesterday, refresh the page, as the old one may be cached.

Crypton
07-04-2005, 01:47 PM
http://www.brothersinarmsgame.com/us/patches.php

ferritt
07-04-2005, 07:50 PM
cheeers for that i was looking on the old page

hope it works!

many thanks

ferritt
09-04-2005, 06:06 PM

Hi,

Right updated the game and used the new exe fix but still no good so definatly gotta be my graphics card. same that was looking forward to playing this game looks really good! Oh well i'll just have to upgrade my card:)

cheers

Jack The Insane
05-09-2005, 08:23 AM
I jused the crack of Gameburnworld butt i cant start the game when i doe , this message appears:

Build: (null)

CPU: GenuineIntel Unknown processor @ 3589 MHz [2267173355520.000000 0] with 1023MB RAM
Video: NVIDIA GeForce 6600 GT (7777)

General protection fault!

History: UGameEngine::Init <- InitEngine

I already tried different Nocd cracks butt none of them works? How can i solve this?

THX

DuffMan
05-09-2005, 08:35 AM
That is odd. Can you explain exactly what you did?

Crypton
05-09-2005, 09:20 AM
hmm, have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling your Video Drivers? Also you may want to try a different version of the nVidia drivers, such as an older version, could be bugs in the 7777 version.

That is definately a video related issue as the UT Engine is the graphics portion of the game.

You may also want to try installing the Drivers for your Chipset, if your Motherboard or system came with a CD they should have some drivers that are recommeneded by the manufacturer for the chipset your board uses.

Examples of Chipsets are VIA, SIS, Intel. You will need to check your manual to see what Chipset you have. Or you can look on the board itself (grab a flashlight and check the tops of the chips) usually they palce the name of the chipset pretty well seen

jaygee61
06-09-2005, 04:26 PM
Unfortunately, BIA won't run on the GeForce MX cards. Had the same problem myself until I updated to a Radeon 9250 and 512 MB RAM. Here's the game's main page so you can see...

http://www.ubi.com/US/Games/Info.aspx?pId=1066

Jack The Insane
06-09-2005, 07:52 PM
So, If i Wanne play i have to get a new video card? I bought it about A month ago. That sucks :p

buth thx for the help

Jack The Insane
06-09-2005, 07:53 PM
BTW srr for the bad spelling :p

jaygee61
07-09-2005, 11:18 AM
yup, that's pretty much it! sucks, I know! the GeForce4 MX series must be a really low-end card... I had an MX400 quite a while back and I found that there were a lot of games at the time that were compatible with every card BUT mine! :mad:

so I upgraded my RAM to 512MB (which is always a good idea and required by many of the newer games) and got the Radeon 9250 128MB video card. I feel that this is a great mid-level card. it's very stable under most gaming conditions and can be overclocked fairly easily. I bought mine new for like $95 several months ago... it's all over Ebay now for $30 or less! you can usually find a good deal on RAM there too, depending on the speed you want. mine is PC2100 and it's fairly cheap on Ebay. I wouldn't recommend anything slower than that.

but guess what!? now I've found a few games that won't run on my new card! Battlefield 2 and Area 51 come to mind. that's why I've started putting together my own system.

anyway... to play many of the '03-'04 games, you need to get a better vid card! upgrade that RAM too! good luck!

Crypton
07-09-2005, 12:24 PM
Yeah, though MX cards are not that great I think companies need to work harder to support them instead of completly forcing people to dish out more money to get a better one.

Jack The Insane
07-09-2005, 03:23 PM
Could anyone tell me witch games can be played with this videocard (Geforce 6600GT).

Crypton
07-09-2005, 04:39 PM
lots of games can be played with it, and your GT should run BIA anyways. You would need to check the game requirements to see what games you can play.

you should be able to play Call of Duty, Unreal Tournament 2004, ect..

It is a GT Model of the 6 Series

Only cards not supported in the nVidia family by BIA is the Geforce 4 MX Series. So you really should have no problems.

I would try different drivers.

http://www.tweaksrus.com/ makes good modified drivers for the nVidia series of cards and normally they are optimized to get max performance for games.

jaygee61
08-09-2005, 10:14 AM
Could anyone tell me witch games can be played with this videocard (Geforce 6600GT).

I would hope pretty much all of the new games support that card... it's the one I'm putting in my new system! :eek:

Jack The Insane
08-09-2005, 04:47 PM
http://www.tweaksrus.com/ makes good modified drivers for the nVidia series of cards and normally they are optimized to get max performance for games.

But wich one do i have to take there are allot of drivers? Or must i just download them and try them out?

THX

jaygee61
08-09-2005, 09:22 PM
I would suggest this driver...

nVidia Forceware 78.01 WHQL

Crypton
09-09-2005, 03:42 AM
http://www.tweaksrus.com/index.php?option=com_docman&task=cat_view&gid=127&Itemid=41

Take your pick, 77.77, 77.64, just try one you want, they are all tweaked, some run better on some systems than others. Just different version of the official drivers cept they are tweaked a bit.