PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Protection on Age of empires 3 [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : Protection on Age of empires 3

black_panther_2005
24-10-2005, 03:11 AM
Can anyone tell me what protection is on the age of empires 3 game and what I must to do to make a "back-up" copy of the cd.Thanks

Crypton
24-10-2005, 04:29 AM
AoE3 is protected with Smarte, no known method of backing it up as the protection will make you think it is working and then randomly pop up offering to let you purchase the full version to continue playing.

There is No-CD/DVD fixes however. So you can still play from an install using a backup copy by replacing the exe.

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/ageofempires3.shtml
Get AGE OF EMPIRES 3 v1.01 [ENGLISH] NO-CD/FIXED EXE (3.80MB)

And before applying the fix, make sure to grab the update patch to update your game to v.1.01.
http://www.agecommunity.com/gameUpdates.aspx

nat0
04-10-2006, 03:00 PM
damn i broke my aoe III disc 1 riding my bike how do i play it now.... i was like captain in multiplayer

nat0
04-10-2006, 03:21 PM
please some1 ***** tell me i downloaded all the no cd patches/cracks here on the site for the game and it still wont work omfg im losing my sanity here, shood i save them somewhere in particular?

Crypton
04-10-2006, 03:27 PM
please some1 ***** tell me i downloaded all the no cd patches/cracks here on the site for the game and it still wont work omfg im losing my sanity here, shood i save them somewhere in particular?
Language.. Watch it.

You need to replace the origional exe in the games install folder with the fixed one(s).

NITROUS SYSTEM
04-10-2006, 03:28 PM
kid just go and get you self another copy of the game....

nat0
04-10-2006, 03:31 PM
Language.. Watch it.

You need to replace the origional exe in the games install folder with the fixed one(s).

ok ty dude so how do i do that? yeh il watch my language...

Crypton
04-10-2006, 05:49 PM
ok ty dude so how do i do that? yeh il watch my language...
Right click the shortcut for your game, choose properties, then on the shortcut tab goto it at the bottom you will see a button called "Find Target" click it, that will take you to the location of the exe file.

Then, before anything, rename the games main exe file (it has the same name as the one you will be replacing it with) rename it something like AoE3_old

Or just something else to keep a backup copy.., then put the new file from the archive you downloaded there, you can drag it from teh zip/rar file into the folder where the "Find Target" button brought you to.

Then run the game from the shortcut to se if it works.

nat0
22-10-2006, 02:07 AM
it dont work, i got patch 1.09 and called it aoe3 and called the main exe or wateva aoe3_old

nat0
28-10-2006, 03:58 AM
you can drag it from teh zip/rar file - soz i dont understand that bit man but i did everything else except i cannot put all nine no cd fixes in there because i cant call them all the same file name

Crypton
28-10-2006, 05:08 AM
you can drag it from teh zip/rar file - soz i dont understand that bit man but i did everything else except i cannot put all nine no cd fixes in there because i cant call them all the same file name
0o

You do not need all 9 nocd fixes m8, you only need 1. And simply rename the old file, and put the new file in. All Done.

nat0
31-10-2006, 08:30 AM
0o

You do not need all 9 nocd fixes m8, you only need 1. And simply rename the old file, and put the new file in. All Done.

yes i have done that and it wont work man

Crypton
31-10-2006, 08:40 AM
yes i have done that and it wont work man
I will find my game later and install it and then see if any of them fixes work. If I find one that does work, I will make a installer that installs the fix for you. Check back in the next day or 2.

nat0
03-11-2006, 03:05 AM
ty man u seem like an awesome person

Crypton
04-11-2006, 04:40 AM
ty man u seem like an awesome person
Here you go, this is for v.1.09 and will install the fix. you must first have v.1.09 Patch update installed, if you do not have it, then get it here:
http://www.agecommunity.com/gameUpdates.aspx#english

this is for AoE 3 (NOT the Expansion Pack) as I do not have the expansion currently.

See the attachment here, make sure to read the readme file as well. It was tested on Windows XP Pro (32bit) and the NOCD for 1.09 works. If you still have issues with the game not playing, then I do not know what to tell you except maybe your video card ect.. does not support the games requirements.

// Regards,
Crypton