PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Sims2 Univercity NoCd - here we go again [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : Sims2 Univercity NoCd - here we go again

carlnalex
03-03-2005, 01:29 AM
:eek: I wonder how long it will take the likes of Money or vengence to solve this one :D

DuffMan
03-03-2005, 05:00 AM
You can get the Mini Backup Image, there is not a No-CD patch as of yet, but the Mini Backup Image is just the same, you can use it until a No-CD patch comes out to protect your original CD/DVD from damage.

The Sims 2: University Mini Backup Image can be found here: http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2university.htm

carlnalex
03-03-2005, 03:28 PM
You can get the Mini Backup Image, there is not a No-CD patch as of yet, but the Mini Backup Image is just the same, you can use it until a No-CD patch comes out to protect your original CD/DVD from damage.

The Sims 2: University Mini Backup Image can be found here: http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/gamefixes/sims2university.htm

Now that was pretty quick ... lol :)

ali
04-03-2005, 06:51 AM
There are 3 backup images... all of them work?
Good Luck

Angelus
04-03-2005, 12:16 PM
Hey everyone,

I am having trouble installing Sims2 University. The folder I downloaded came with 2 large .mdf files and two small .mds files. I am not a computer whiz so I have no clue how to install the game. Do I have to convert the files into anything?

I tried mounting the first .mds file and the game begins installing but at 68% it asks me to "Please insert disk number 2". So I tried mounting the second .mds file and the game doesn't continue installing. I am using Daemon to mount these images. What am I doing wrong? Should I be copying these files to a cd? Maybe I'm not mounting the second file properly... i have no clue

Can someone please give me a step-by-step guide as to what I should do? I would appreciate as much info as possible as I'm a computer dumbass and need to take things slow.

Thanks! :)

DarkLeftos
04-03-2005, 12:17 PM
Sorry, but you have a downloaded version, and that kind of discussion is NOT allowed in this forum. So stop stealing other people's work and go buy the game! Until then, you're banned!

Kick-Ass-Roddick
04-03-2005, 03:53 PM
is anyone else here having problems installing sims university? the game just stops loading. i read the sims 2 thread and it looks like the same thing happened with that game. any solutions to this?

Kick-Ass-Roddick
04-03-2005, 06:55 PM
sorry about the second post but i thought I should clarify my problem. After installing both cds, I get a msg that reads, "Please insert the Sims 2 DVD to continue". I think it's trying to apply a few updates but i'm not completely sure. But when I clicked "cancel", the entire game would uninstall.
So is this a necessary step? and if it is, can i mount that file it's asking for with Daemon? does anyone here know the exact name of the file I should be mounting in order to complete this installation?

any help would be awesome

carlnalex
05-03-2005, 12:26 AM
sorry about the second post but i thought I should clarify my problem. After installing both cds, I get a msg that reads, "Please insert the Sims 2 DVD to continue". I think it's trying to apply a few updates but i'm not completely sure. But when I clicked "cancel", the entire game would uninstall.
So is this a necessary step? and if it is, can i mount that file it's asking for with Daemon? does anyone here know the exact name of the file I should be mounting in order to complete this installation?

any help would be awesome

Yes this is definately a needed step. The install will either ask you for the original 'Sims2 CD4' or in your case the 'Sims2 DVD', so that it can correctly patch your version with all game updates, just bob it in your drive when asked. Only after this is complete will the installation be fully applied, if you select cancel then the system will roll back to its pre-installation state.

:eek:

DarkLeftos
05-03-2005, 08:01 AM
There is no file you can mount with Daemon actually, and please, if you want to clarify your problem, do not double post, edit your first message.

Neil
06-03-2005, 02:32 PM
That certainly was quick. thanks for the link Duffman

Giony
16-04-2005, 08:35 PM
this doesnt work to mount with alcohol

Crypton
16-04-2005, 09:10 PM
try Daemon-Tools
http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Giony
16-04-2005, 09:16 PM
that wrecked my pc last time, and it does work for like 10 mins then i get some weird error

Crypton
16-04-2005, 11:20 PM
dont know what to tell you, might be a problem with your windows install or even some hardware issue. Ram, ect.. can cause alot of probs, but the fixes work.

Giony
17-04-2005, 09:39 AM
it makes some of my games freeze, and i just reinstalled windows. cant someone make a mini-image that works for alcohol?

BradleyT
03-04-2006, 01:01 AM
I have the original SIMS 2 disk but, it does not recognize. After installing the program asks for the DVD but, I don't have it.

DarkLeftos
10-04-2006, 11:14 AM
Do you have it and it just doesn't recognize it, or do you not have it at all? Because the first one's a technical issue, but the second one is... er... against the rules.