PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Installing From ISO Extractions [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : Installing From ISO Extractions

jaygee61
08-09-2005, 09:12 PM
Greetings Again All!

Okay, still working on this Sims 2 thing...

I've tried installing from the original discs but I get to a point on disc one where it says that there is an error installing a file called "sims13.package". So I tried dumping the discs to ISO's and installing that way, with the same result.

So here's my question...

I've extracted the ISO files for each disc to a seperate folder. Can someone explain to me how I integrate all these parts so that the game "appears" to be installed?

Any help is appreciated!

Crypton
09-09-2005, 03:49 AM
There are alot of tools you would need to acomplish that. Such as decompilers and decompressers for the installer they use. Not to mention it would take an experienced person to do, Best bet if its giving you that much trouble is to demand they give you replacement discs or take it to where you bought it and explain to them that the game will not install due to errors reading the cd, and see if they will at least let you swap out for the cd's from another box they may have.

They wont or in most cases wont let you completly return the game due to it using a "key" so they wil keep from that key being sent out illegally after you have returned it, but most times they will allow swapping the cd's only.

If you are having issues reading the CD, chances are there is something wrong with your CD drive, maybe not wrong as in faulty, but may just not be able to read the protection on that CD and gives it problems. There are alot of drives (mostly semi older models) that have problems reading CD's that contain certain protections such as SecuROM, SafeDisc and StarForce.