PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
The Sims 2: University Installation Problem [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : The Sims 2: University Installation Problem

Kleppe
30-08-2005, 12:07 AM
Anyone know how to get the The Sims 2: University to work? Every time i try to install it, it stops and can't continue at 69%. EA Says buy it again, lol, im sure their is a cure.

DuffMan
30-08-2005, 06:50 AM
Is the Sims 2 original or backup copy? You may have issues if it is a burnt copy.

Crypton
30-08-2005, 07:20 AM
That is an issue known on "backup copies" as Duffman stated. The origional CD's do not have that issue. Install from the origional CD's.

Kleppe
30-08-2005, 12:06 PM
They are the orginals, straight from the case.

Crypton
30-08-2005, 01:03 PM
Very strange. Are you using a NOCDFix for the origional game? If so may need to put the origional exe or any fixed files back in order to install the game.

Have you tried making cd images of the install cd's and installing from them instead? Could possibly be something going on with the protection and your cd drive having problems reading it.

Kleppe
30-08-2005, 02:36 PM
I bought The Sims and The Sims: University. I installed the The Sims 2 just fine, went to install the The Sims 2: University, and i get an error at 69%. I have tried uninstalling and deleting everything related to The Sims, no luck. I tried copying the CD's to folder on my computer and running them. I still get the error. I can't even copy the whole thing as I get the error everytime it gets to that point. I have tried all the Technical issues from EA, they are stumped. But yet, i have to pay them to get it fixed?

Crypton
30-08-2005, 11:03 PM
ya sometimes companies can be a pain when it comes to these things, ill check around on the net and see if I can find a similar problem and possible fix. Atm, I gotta go get some sleep however.

Crypton
31-08-2005, 11:46 AM
Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

Double-click My Computer.
Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
Right-click inside the window and select New, and then Folder.
Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
Name this folder Disk1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.
Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 University into your CD-ROM drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
Double-click My Computer to open it.
Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.
When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.
Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.
Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.
Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

paulirocks
02-09-2005, 12:43 AM
hey i was having the same problem so i tried what you suggested and it still doesnt work all i get is an error saying "Cannot copy TS2UPD: Invalid MS-Dos function. and these are original disk. maybe somebody can help :confused:

Crypton
03-09-2005, 03:06 AM
what step are you doing when you get that error, or is it when you run the game? Are you trying to copy it in dos mode??

GameFreak
02-01-2006, 02:34 AM
You have most likely purchased a bad copy, I recently bought the Sims Fullhouse and at least three of the disks would not work, returned it to the shop for an exchange and the new copy works perfect...

Cheers.

plankton
25-07-2006, 03:45 PM
i have a similar problem.....whenever i try to install the sims 2 university it stops at 68 percent and cant continue...what is it doing and how can i fix it???:D

Cubby_Michael
25-03-2007, 06:26 PM
This resolved a problem that prevented me from being able to install both the University and Nightlife packs on my machine. Thank you for posting this, it was incredibly helpful.:D

Make sure to follow the steps below exactly as they read, or else the install may not work.

Double-click My Computer.
Right-click on the Local Disk C and choose Open.
Name the folder Disk Images it is important that the name has a space in it.
Double-Click the new Disk Images folder to open it.
Name this folder Disk1.
Repeat steps 6 and 7 while substituting Disk1 for Disk2. It is important to note there must not be a space between "Disk" and the number.
Insert Disk 1 of The Sims 2 University into your CD-ROM drive and if the autoplay starts, cancel it.
Double-click My Computer to open it.
Right-click on your CD-ROM drive and choose Open.
When you see the contents of the disk in the Window, click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Select All.
All the contents of the disk should now be highlighted, click on Edit at the top of the window again and choose Copy.
Open the Disk1 folder you created under C:\Disk Images; click on Edit at the top of the window and choose Paste. This will copy the contents of the CD into the Disk1 folder.
Repeat steps 9 through 14 for Disk 2 until you have copied each disk into its appropriate folder.
Once the disks have been copied, remove ALL CDs from any drives.
Open the Disk1 folder under Disk Images and double-click on autorun.exe to start the installation.
To save disk space, you can delete the Disk Images folders after the installation has completed.

Crypton
25-03-2007, 10:26 PM
This resolved a problem that prevented me from being able to install both the University and Nightlife packs on my machine. Thank you for posting this, it was incredibly helpful.:D
yup, np, glad to help.

BoiledFrogs
17-07-2007, 07:02 PM
Hi, i've been trying to install sims2 university. I basically have the same problem as everyone else, except that when i would try to install the game with the disks it would never ask me for the second disk. i tried doing the Disk Images thing and copy the files, but that seemed to stop at the same files it would when i would be installing it from the disk (hope that made sense). Does that mean that theres something wrong with the disk?

wolfsrain
18-07-2007, 06:33 AM
It stops when the game is trying to patch the original Sims2?

elke93
17-09-2007, 10:09 PM
i did everything you posted but in %68 it's ask me to put disk 2 i put in daemon tools but when i click ok it's not expect it!!! help me please!!! it;s ask me for 2 cd i am puting it but it's not expect it!!! helpppp:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

Flying Doc
24-10-2007, 09:01 AM
I think I also have this problem, when at 69% I get this error:

A problem ooccured while copying this file:
TSData\Res\Sound\Neighborhood.package

The only choice I have is to try again ( doesn't work ) or
cancel the installation.
I've tried the whole copying-cd-to-hard-disk but it won't work :S
PLEASE HELP ME!

Biceps321
27-12-2007, 06:47 AM
Anyone know how to get the The Sims 2: University to work? Every time i try to install it, it stops and can't continue at 69%. EA Says buy it again, lol, im sure their is a cure.

Well, I figured out a sure way to beat this issue, but no one is going to like it much. When I tried to install University EP, it kept stopping at 68% (not 69% like Kleppe, for some reason). After reading all this stuff, and still no luck, I went out and bought Bon Voyage EP and installed it. Then I installed University from the same discs I had been having problems with before. No Problem. To play all my EPs now, I just open Bon Voyage and it goes to the Sims 2 Launcher.

Since Bon Voyage EP has the newest and most recent copy protection on it (I'm guessing here), and it opens into the Sims 2 Launcher (where it detects and displays all the different EPs you have), for some reason it works fine. I am assuming that all the copies you are using are legal and installed from their original discs.

Because it requires you to buy an additional EP, it is definitely not the best solution if you just went out and bought University, but... well... it works.

Good Luck!

MarchnBandDiva
24-03-2008, 07:32 PM
I'm having the same problem..i thought maybe it was because i wasn't putting them in order..but it stops at 30% and says that "tsdata.......voice1.package" doesn't copy over...

Crypton
02-04-2008, 09:35 AM
Not really sure whats causing so many to have this issue, my only guess is some CD/DVD drives are having trouble reading the discs. OR something on these PC's that are interfering with normal operation of the install system. Such as AntiVirus, Windows Defender, and other programs that are used to protect against spyware, etc..

I would make sure any other programs are closed before installing. You can also browse to:

C:\Program Files\Common Files\

In there you will see a folder named InstallShield Simply rename it or even delete it, then run install again. The InstallShield folder will be recreated again with fresh files.

Aimee
28-01-2009, 12:07 PM
I have a kind of similar problem.
When I try to install Sims 2 University, it works perfectly up until it says I have to insert Sims disk 4.
I insert the disk and then it says there has been an error update or something :confused:
I dunno what to do =[

wolfsrain
29-01-2009, 08:27 AM
Before installing, Sims2 University, download the latests Sims2 patch (it can be found either on the EA site or on www.dlh.net ). Install the patch v.1.0.0.1022 (CD/DVD) manually.
So the install method would be:
a)install Sims2 (if you don't have it installed, yet, but I doubt that :D )
b)install Sims2 patch v.1.0.0.1022 (CD/DVD)
c)install Sims2: University

king_louie
12-03-2009, 10:25 AM
I have tried everything!!!!

I got the Sims 2 University 2 days ago & have been trying to install it ever since!!! But it won't work:mad:

I've uninstalled all of my other sims coz i read somewhere that u had 2 put them in a certain order. So then i reinstalled Sims 2 Deluxe, then i did the Disk Images & Disk 1 & Disk 2 thing & copy & paste them but still nothing.

Then i put the disk in.
Auto ran it.
Typed the code.
Put it in a separate location (My computer - Local disk - Disk images - Disk 1)
Then it worked!!! I got soooo excited, then... it got 2 64% & a pop-up thing came up saying this:

A problem occured when trying to transfer the file
'D:/Support/European Help Files/Sv/whxdata/whidata0.xml'
from the media.

I have also downloaded the University Patch & the Sims 2 DVD patch but still nothing.

I'm really confussed:confused: Any1 help???

wolfsrain
12-03-2009, 01:47 PM
Either a bad image, or a bad disc. If you install from a image, than the image wasn't done properly, if you install from the CD, than you have a problem. Which would require to go to the shop from where you bought the CD's and ask for a change (provided that you are still in the 30 days change zone).

FaithElizabeth
02-06-2009, 04:47 PM
I used to have all my sims 2 and expansion packs in my computer and they all worked perfectly, then i unistalled them and later installed them all again they still worked.

But for some reason when I try to install the university expansion pack it tells me at 78% to put disk 2 in, I dont have another disc from the university pack to install. What do I do? And if this doesnt happen then it tells me at the end of the installation to put in disk 4 of sims 2, it suggests something about an update is needed, so i put in the sims 2 disk 4, then it goes to update and crashes.. yet no programs are running and i have turned off my crash programe thingy like my friend told me to. Yet I still don't have the sims university or any of my expansion packs in the computer working successfully other than my orignal sims 2 disks.

Help me- email me at faz-123@hotmail.co.uk

sims2lover1
19-07-2010, 10:48 PM
i have installed it perfectly but every time i go to use it or run it all it does is sits there and acts like its going to work nd then shuts off and doesnt do anyhing afterwords. plz help me anyone:(

DuffMan
02-08-2010, 10:17 AM
Do you get an error message? Are you using a No-CD Patch?

elainem89
26-03-2013, 09:54 AM
i have done these steps but when it comes to installing the 2nd cd it doesn't let me click ok, it just flashes. the initial problem was after I put in cd 4 of sims 2 it says it couldn't install updates so installation will now stop, very annoying, someone help plz

DuffMan
27-03-2013, 12:41 PM
When you say it flashes, are you referring to the CD (D:/) drive in MY Computer? Or do you mean the installation button?
You need to install the latest update for each of the previously installed game/expansion, this is essential to install each additional expansion.