PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_NUM - assumed 'MYSQL_NUM' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_ASSOC - assumed 'MYSQL_ASSOC' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant MYSQL_BOTH - assumed 'MYSQL_BOTH' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../includes/init.php on line 151

PHP Warning: Use of undefined constant archive_postsperpage - assumed 'archive_postsperpage' (this will throw an Error in a future version of PHP) in ..../archive/index.php on line 406
Worms 4 "how to" [Archive] - GameFileForums

PDA

View Full Version : Worms 4 "how to"

Krasen
22-08-2005, 02:58 PM
The game uses StarForce 3 , so is there a way to make the game to run and skip the protection ?

the SFNightmare don't help me or i dont know what to do exactly

and that minidisc or what was it mini someting to emulate something ,.. i just need explanations :)
thz

Crypton
22-08-2005, 06:43 PM
There is not a fix released for this game at this time, since it uses starforce 3, probably the newest version since the game is fairly new, there is probably no way to emulate it at the moment.

If you have a minidisc however, you can try using it with Daemon-Tools.

http://www.daemon-tools.cc/dtcc/portal/download.php?mode=ViewCategory&catid=5

Mount the minidisc to daemon-tools, turn on all emulation options and use SFNightMare to disable real CD-Rom drives. Bout all you can try at the moment unless a no-cd is released.

Krasen
23-08-2005, 01:44 PM
how to get or make myself a minidisc ?

culd you give me a link for other minidisc just to check it :)

DuffMan
24-08-2005, 07:18 AM
Try using MIR here: http://www.gameburnworld.com/cdprotectionutilities.shtml, it will be almost impossible for you to make a mini backup image with the nature of StarForce.

BanZai
24-08-2005, 09:01 PM
Sorry my bad english...

I considered that Worms 4 starts when I replace the "launcher.exe" of the original Game with the one from the multiplayer demo!
But, just one problem: Everything is the same as in the demo... just multiplayer...
If you compare theese two launcher.exe files you will see that

launcher.exe (original) is 364 kb

launcher.exe (demo) is 360 kb
..big

In this 4 kb there seems to be the StarForce protection and the "demo limitations"

I dont know how to edit an .exe file... maybe someone else can find a way to solve this problem!

PS: The game "7 Sins" also has got the StarForce protection... and now there is an working patch against it! - The cracking Team MKD replaced the protection.dll and the .exe file... maybe some of them have an idea for cracking worms 4?

Crypton
25-08-2005, 01:51 AM
maybe, well have to wait and see if a fix is released however, there is more different in the demo exe than you may think as well, the 4kb is not starforce, the 4kb is missing data that only retail has.

DuffMan
25-08-2005, 01:54 AM
Almost each game has a a different encrypted exe with StarForce, no two games are the same, thats why making a tool to automatically unwrap StarForce is almost impossible. 7 Sins was released some time ago, so as you can imagine these StarForce games are not easy. A Demo exe file will always differ from that or the original, full verson game, that's why replacing the exe with the demo one will only give you access to what you have in the demo.

Krasen
11-09-2005, 01:40 PM
StarForce sux :(
/cry

Crypton
12-09-2005, 04:47 AM
Agreed, but until developers and publishers realize that the protection causes more problems than it solves (both hardware/software wise) then we will probably see it used in more and more releases. Some companies atm have "contracts" with others such as SafeDisc and SecuROM which is why they have not switched yet.

But im sure as soon as those contacts run out, you will see majority of them move to StarForce.

There are the few who still care only about "casual copying" which will continue to use SafeDisc ect.. however.